Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help Understanding Firewall "trust Level"

Options

Have a desktop in the house and a laptop connected to our DSL modem through Wifi. Everything works great but noticed while looking at the BitDefender 2010 Firewall settings that under "trust level" I can choose "safe" for all traffic filtered-local file sharing allowed..............or I can choose "unsafe" all traffic filtered.

Don't understand the difference and wondered if I should even considerpicking "blocked local" or "blocked" for a trust level.

All I want to do is have BitDefender give me a safe WIFI connection for the Internet using the laptop - the DLS line is already password enabled.

Advise appreciated.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi hodge,

Be informed that:

Safe - allow sharing resources with computers in the local network. This level is automatically set for local (home or office) networks.

Unsafe - Stop network or Internet computers from connecting to your computer This level is automatically set for public networks such as yours (if you received an IP address from an internet service provider).

For the Network tab I recommend you to have the following settings: Trust Level - > 'Unsafe', Stealth -> 'On' and "Generic" ->"Yes".

Please note that with a BitDefender valid license key you can upgrade for FREE to the new realased version, BitDefender 2011. For more informations please access THIS link.

Thank you!