Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Uninstall Bitdefender 2010 In Windows 7

Options

I cannot uninstall Bitdefender 2010 without it messing up my computer and I can no longer boot it up except in safe mode without networking. Help. I have tried various ways of removing it and cannot do so. My computer won't boot up after I remove it so I have to restore it in order to boot up.

Comments

• You didn't specifically say, so I'll ask if you downloaded and ran the BD uninstall tool?

Download from here: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Regards,

• Yes, I have done that. I also tried the Perfect Uninstaller program. Whenever, i restart after uninstalling it, my computer won't boot up.

You didn't specifically say, so I'll ask if you downloaded and ran the BD uninstall tool?

Download from here: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Regards,

• Is your Win7 OS 32-bit or 64-bit?

Have you tried running the BD uninstall tool while booted in safe mode?

By chance, do you have CCLeaner installed on the PC?

Regards,

• [it's 64-bit and yes, I have tried the uninstall tool. No I don't have CCleaner on my pc

quote name=nikki605' date='Dec 18 2010, 07:26 PM' post='101008]

Is your Win7 OS 32-bit or 64-bit?

Have you tried running the BD uninstall tool while booted in safe mode?

By chance, do you have CCLeaner installed on the PC?

Regards,

• Yes, I know that you have already tried the BD Uninstall Tool, but my question was have you run the BD Uninstall Tool WHILE BOOTED IN SAFE MODE? Try running the BD Uninstall Tool while your PC is booted in Safe Mode, if you haven't already done so.

Also, you state after trying to uninstall BD that it "messes" up your PC and it won't boot. Can you provide any other details? Does the PC just hang in a loop - what screen, if any, is displayed? Do you see any error messages? Does the Windows Desktop ever display?

Awaiting your reply,

• Yes, I have tried the uninstall while in safe mode. Yes, it does just hang in a loop and keeps going back to the screen where you can choose the modes to boot up in. The only way I can boot it up is in safe mode--it won't work in any other boot method. No the desktop won't display. Thanks so much for your help.

L

Yes, I know that you have already tried the BD Uninstall Tool, but my question was have you run the BD Uninstall Tool WHILE BOOTED IN SAFE MODE? Try running the BD Uninstall Tool while your PC is booted in Safe Mode, if you haven't already done so.

Also, you state after trying to uninstall BD that it "messes" up your PC and it won't boot. Can you provide any other details? Does the PC just hang in a loop - what screen, if any, is displayed? Do you see any error messages? Does the Windows Desktop ever display?

Awaiting your reply,

• Your problem may be deeper in the Windows 7 OS rather than just with BD. I would recommend the Windows 7 Startup Repair as explained in this Microsoft article.

On a few occasions, one as recently as last week, I used the BD Uninstall Tool to temporarily uninstall BD from my Win7 Pro x64 laptop and had no problem with my system after completing the uninstall. It wasn't even necessary for me to run the Uninstall Tool in Safe Mode and it worked fine.

I have since re-installed BDAV with no problem. ;)

Regards,

• I will try the startup repair and let you know if it works. Thanks. :)

Your problem may be deeper in the Windows 7 OS rather than just with BD. I would recommend the Windows 7 Startup Repair as explained in this Microsoft article.

On a few occasions, one as recently as last week, I used the BD Uninstall Tool to temporarily uninstall BD from my Win7 Pro x64 laptop and had no problem with my system after completing the uninstall. It wasn't even necessary for me to run the Uninstall Tool in Safe Mode and it worked fine.

I have since re-installed BDAV with no problem. ;)

Regards,

• I finally was able to uninstall it by doing what you suggested and choosing last know configuration and then restarting it. Thanks for all you help. I am definitely NOT going to install Bitdefender again. Do you have any suggestions for the best antivirus software?

Laurel

quote name='Laurel Foster' date='Dec 19 2010, 12:46 PM' post='101064']

I will try the startup repair and let you know if it works. Thanks. :)

• This is the wrong place to ask for "other" recommendations. ;)

You never said why you wanted to uninstall BD in the first place and I never asked. But, if a Microsoft procedure helped you fix a Microsoft OS problem, I think it was a Microsoft problem that just happened to show itself with BD.

I would have no reservation recommending BDAV 2011, which is what I have installed on my 2 PCs. If you still have a valid license for your 2010 version, you can upgrade for free to the corresponding 2011 version. Just make sure that your hardware meets the minimum system requirements. You can read more about it in this topic.

Best wishes,

• I was trying to upgrade to the 2011 version of BD when all of the trouble started. I couldn't install the 2011 version without uninstalling the 2010 one.

This is the wrong place to ask for "other" recommendations. ;)

You never said why you wanted to uninstall BD in the first place and I never asked. But, if a Microsoft procedure helped you fix a Microsoft OS problem, I think it was a Microsoft problem that just happened to show itself with BD.

I would have no reservation recommending BDAV 2011, which is what I have installed on my 2 PCs. If you still have a valid license for your 2010 version, you can upgrade for free to the corresponding 2011 version. Just make sure that your hardware meets the minimum system requirements. You can read more about it in this topic.

Best wishes,

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

@I was trying to upgrade to the 2011 version of BD

See the links

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/article/711/

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20612

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20941

@Do you have any suggestions for the best antivirus software?

There are the things which can be taken into account for selecting any security suite.

1) Detection Rates

2) Protection Technologies e.g Signature Based, Heuristics/Behavioral Scanning etc.

3) Protection Features e.g Firewall, Antispam, Parental Control, Antirootkit,Privacy Control etc

4) Ability to remove infection traces completely

5) False Positives

6) Additional Features offered e.g Tuneup, Backup, Vulnerability, Encryption etc

7) Self Protection feature and ability to install, if the system is already infected badly.

8) Technical Support

There can be more things added, but by considering above said, you can eliminate the alternatives, as I select Bitdefender. And also I strongly agree with Nikki that "This is the wrong place to ask for "other" recommendations."