Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2 Problems With 2010..help Needed..and Btw Merry Christmas.

Options

hi everybody,

so ok, i've got windows 7 and bitdefender 2010, obviously. and i have 2 problems:

1) the internet has been slow lately. not always though. anyway, when i find it slow i open the FIREWALL window in my bitdefender and i notice that incoming connections is to it's fullest (110 kb/s). which is the maximum i can get from my 1 mbps ADSL connection although i'm not actually downloading anything, and whenever i try to open anything or to surf the net it's almost impossible since my connection is busy god knows doin' what. It especially happens after i watch a few videos on-line (from trusted websites of course). i tried scanning the system a full scan a few times but nothing. could it be the router updating or something ? anyway, the torrent has also been slow but that could be ISP throttling.

2) everytime i scan my drives i find 8 over-compressed items. they don't seem harmful, but just to be sure.

Comments

• Hi anameshana,

In order to solve the issue you have I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to the new released version, BitDefender 2011. In case you are interested in using it, please follow the steps from the following link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Regarding the over-compressed files found in your PC, be informed that they were compressed in an unusual way and BitDefender failed to correctly extract the files. It doesn't necessarily mean that the archive is corrupted.

However, this doesn't mean that those files are infected (with Vundo, or something else). Actually, we have never heard about any relation between "overcompressed" and an infection of any kind.

When a file is reported as overcompressed, it means that it just couldn't be scanned, just like the cases when a file is archived with a password.

Thank you and we wish you a Merry Christmas!