Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Delete File Vault

Options

Hello all.

I am using BitDefender 2010 in windows 7. Everything works just fine, except for file vaults. I was able to create and open them perfectly, but now I can't delete nor lock any of them. When I try to Lock them, from Bit defender menu page, I get the message:

"The File Vault with the drive letter (label) A failed to be locked.

Message: Open files have been detected on this drive. To continue the operation, please close the files."

The other file vault shows the same thing, only with the letter B instead of A.

When I try to delete the actual .bvd file, in windows explorer, I get the message:

"Not possible to finish the action because the file is open in System. Close the file and try again" (translated from portuguese)

Both File Vaults are empty, I've tried to format disks A: and B: and then delete the bvd files, i used a program called Eraser, that permanetly deletes files... Nothing worked.

Please, help me, and if any more information is needed, let me know, i'll provide it right away.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Matt Steward

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

If you want to delete the vaults only, then stop Bitdefender services in Safe Mode and then try to delete them. If it also fails try Unlocker software.

Also read this post.