Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Firewall Blocking Chrome

Options

I am having problems getting to get chrome to connect to network so I thought maybe it was my firewall so when I turned the firewall off chrome worked. So I added a rule for chrome.exe even though it's already on bitdefender's whitelist and turned the firewall back on & restarted chrome but chrome won't connect again. Of course I don't want to keep firewall disabled just so I can use chrome and I know there's gotta be a way to fix this and I'm sure it's obvious so answer so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,

Try to reset the Firewall rules and see if the issue persist. Also tell me the level of the Firewall slider within BitDefender Security Center.

To reset the firewall rules open BitDefender, switch it to Expert View from the Options button then go to the Firewall tab -> Programs and click on the 'Reset Rules' button. Confirm when asked to reset the rules then restart the PC. Check to see if Chrome is still blocked and let me know.

Regards,

• Hello,

Try to reset the Firewall rules and see if the issue persist. Also tell me the level of the Firewall slider within BitDefender Security Center.

To reset the firewall rules open BitDefender, switch it to Expert View from the Options button then go to the Firewall tab -> Programs and click on the 'Reset Rules' button. Confirm when asked to reset the rules then restart the PC. Check to see if Chrome is still blocked and let me know.

Regards,

Thanks for getting back so soon. I had the firewall set on all known programs and I made sure chrome was added on the allow list and when I was having the connection probs with just chrome I added it again myself and I tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it hoping the firewall would see it as a new install and ask to allow but that didn't help so that's when I asked my question here and thanks to your post it is now connecting to the internet so thank you. All I did is what you said and reset the firewall rules chrome was added to the list by default. The onlyt thing I didn't think of til after was I should have wrote down the other rules I had set on it cuz I noticed alot are missing but I don't think that'll be a prob I'll just add them again if I have to, I'm just glad I have chrome working again so thankx again!

• Hello Kc#erica,

Always a pleasure to see issues resolved that quickly :) If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime !

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.