Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts File Shredder Is Unreliable, In Fact No Good

Options

Hi there y'all.

I am reporting this to let you know the file shredder app of BD has no real use as far as I am concerned.

I have found regularly that after initiating the shredder wizard, it will start shredding to infinity. When I press cancel, however, all files have been reported as being 'not deleted'. This also happens with single files of a few hundred kbs. When I go check manually whether the files are still present in their maps, they seem to have disappeared, however. Now, I don't like the idea of shredded sensitive data to have been reported as NOT having been deleted by the shredder app report, while the files have been gone from sight. Either they have been conclusively shredded or either they haven't ! What's it going to be ??

Now, somebody might explain to me why this happens, because there are in fact better alternatives available. And that's why I have started using the shredder app from Spybot S&D (SDShred.exe) instead. Goes way faster, even when you apply 35 shreds to a file !