Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

All Java Apps Blocked! (not When Game Shield Is On)

Options

First off all ..sorry for my bad english!

After days of trying and trying I finally decided to submit my question so I really hope you guys can help.

I am using Bit defender antivirus 2011 (64b) on a computer with windows 7 premium 64b. This computer is used to run a special radio application. This application is only used by an handful of stations so not very know on the internet etc.

In this software there are some parts that are using JAVA. But when I want to run these JAVA apps nothing happens! The software developer looked at the software and discovered that there is no problem with his software so something else is causing the trouble.

Because there are not many other programs installed I start trying to modify settings on bitdefender. When I turn on the Game shield options I was amazed..all Java applications in the radio software WORKED!!

Because I don't want to let it all the time on this game shield I tried to unchecked every options step by step where I was thinking of turned on/off with this game shield.

I tried to shut down every single options with the gaming mode Off but the JAVA don't work..when I put the game shield back on everything is working fine again!

:blink::wacko:

I don't get it anymore..what can I try and why JAVA is blocked??

- of course I use the latest and up to date version of Bitdefender

- of course I turned the whole online shield down but without any result

- etc

Anyone???

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

I tried to shut down every single options with the gaming mode Off but the JAVA don't work.

Please tell me each option you tried to disable, as mentioned above.

Also tell me if you have AVC and IDS enabled. Furthermore, can you tell me the name of the software and the exact version please ? If possible, would be best to provide me with a download link for it, via PM.

Next locate the file mdsettings.XML from the BitDefender installation folder ( default location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings then upload it HERE. When you have the download link, please post it here or send me a PM with it including the topic link for easier tracking.

Last but not least, what you mean by 'blocked' ? What is the exact behavior ? The software crashes, blocks, hangs, ... try to reproduce the exact steps (a screenshot would be good if applicable).

Looking forward to your answer!

P.S. Uw Engels is slecht helemaal niet :)

• xon
    xon
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hi!!

Hello,

Please tell me each option you tried to disable, as mentioned above.

Believe me..I tried all options that I can shut down and the ones at the realtime protection twice :rolleyes: ! Ofcourse I can name them all but you must believe me on that. By trying all the options I guess it is more than what happend when you enable game mode. When I enable it it says:

- disable all alerts

- disable all pop-ups

- realtime protection is set to permissive

Ofcourse the above things I tried before I enabled/disabled every other function

Also tell me if you have AVC and IDS enabled. Furthermore, can you tell me the name of the software and the exact version please ? If possible, would be best to provide me with a download link for it, via PM.

AVC is on

IDC is off

The name of the software is On Air Suite. A trial you can download here:

http://www.caliope.nl/index.php/nl/downloa...10-on-air-suite

Next locate the file mdsettings.XML from the BitDefender installation folder ( default location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings then upload it HERE. When you have the download link, please post it here or send me a PM with it including the topic link for easier tracking.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4xnouf (also PM)

Last but not least, what you mean by 'blocked' ? What is the exact behavior ? The software crashes, blocks, hangs, ... try to reproduce the exact steps (a screenshot would be good if applicable).

In the software (menu above) you can download a test database (otherswise you have to make on and thats a lot of work). When you click on a track you see track information. If you want to EDIT a track you have to press F12 (it's called EDIT TRACK). Normally you now see a wave form like this http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=ZwegKDHfMT

To make this screenshot I have to turn ON game mode if I don't turn it on nothing happend when I push F12! This is just on example how On Air Suite is using java and there are a couple of more applications withing this app that use java.

Hope you can find something!

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

I can provide you with a workaround if you like, until a fix will be delivered. This workaround will disable scanning on all Java scripts however your PC will be safe 100 % as the Real Time Protection and the AVC will catch any possible threats.

The workaround is:

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode and follow the steps below:

- For windows versions prior than vista:

Go to Start, Run.., at the run dialog box type "regedit", press Enter

- For vista and Windows 7:

Go to Start, type "regedit" in the windows search text field and press Enter

expand the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender

rightclick on the right side of the window and select New, then Multi-String value and name it "HttpAppSkip". Doubleclick on the newly created key and paste this text in the Value data:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaws.exe

Click on OK, close the Registry editor and restart the computer.

Check if the problem will persist.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter"

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

Restart the PC and let me know if the workaround fixed the issue.

Regards,

• xon
    Options
    Hi,

I can provide you with a workaround if you like, until a fix will be delivered. This workaround will disable scanning on all Java scripts however your PC will be safe 100 % as the Real Time Protection and the AVC will catch any possible threats.

The workaround is:

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode and follow the steps below:

- For windows versions prior than vista:

Go to Start, Run.., at the run dialog box type "regedit", press Enter

- For vista and Windows 7:

Go to Start, type "regedit" in the windows search text field and press Enter

expand the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender

rightclick on the right side of the window and select New, then Multi-String value and name it "HttpAppSkip". Doubleclick on the newly created key and paste this text in the Value data:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaws.exe

Click on OK, close the Registry editor and restart the computer.

Check if the problem will persist.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter"

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

Restart the PC and let me know if the workaround fixed the issue.

Regards,

GREAT I will try it tomorrow and let you (and the forum) know

• xon
    Options
    GREAT I will try it tomorrow and let you (and the forum) know

It worked!!

At this time good for me but I guess you want to solve this structuraly. Let me know if I can test something.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi again,

I have modified the XML file for you. You can download it HERE. You will need to restart the PC in Safe Mode and replace the original XML file with the one you saved then you can remove the Registry key so the Java application traffic will be filtered again.

Consider this a test therefore I kindly ask you to tell me if the issue resurfaced after you remove the registry key and even with the XML modified.

Dank u voor uw tijd :)