[resolved] Bitdefender Trafficlight

Whether the given filter enters into the new version of an antivirus and as lock of swimming in windows works! Thanks.

http://trafficlight.bitdefender.com/help/index.html

Comments

• nikki605
    edited May 2011

Topic moved to the TrafficLight sub-forum.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭

When will the release of this filter?

• Mini 3 green lights visible size must adjustable...

I'm using trafficlight firefox4 extension. this work great, but not most visible (eye-catching) in top of screen (browser area). only little 3 green lights to mini mode... I try using settings and make bigger this lights and no find choice about this. when add this feature in extensions?

best regards...

• Hi,

Also I using trafficlight with Firefox4 extension, this work great above all with Windows Seven
    Kind regards
  • Why when the TrafficLight some pages are displayed as?

1707347.png

• This forum looks at someone?

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

Sorry for the late response.

We were a little busy channeling the feedback received from BETA , but none the less your issue arrived to us and is fixed.

Thank you again for reporting this to us.

Best regards,

Daniel

• When the problem will be solved? The problem occurs in your browser IE9. http://support.kaspersky.ru/

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

A new release of TrafficLight will be available soon , right now I can't say the exact date since we haven't set one.

Once it's available I'll also post it here.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Thanks Daniel. With BitDefender 2012 is the same situation.

• Hi,

Univer: post removed. Please read the forum rules regarding off topic posting.

Rampart: my colleague Daniel will announce when the new version will be release. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

• Why is there no plugin for the browser Opera.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Rampant :)

Thank you for your question.

You will receive an answer soon, I need to check this with our developers.

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I now have an answer for your question: our team is working on an extensions for that browser too, but for now all the ones listed on our website are supported.

I will get back to you when I will have more data on this.

Take care.

• Thank you, we will wait for news.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

You will be the first to know when the version will be released.

Have a great day.

• Any update when the next version will be released?

Thanks.smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We release an update once a month in some cases twice a month.

And the cloud definitions are updated hourly.

Take care.

• "We release an update once a month in some cases twice a month."

Could you please clarify what you mean by "update"? The product version? The "last update"? Because I haven't seen the latter since March 12.

I do see outbound connections to various bitdefender dot com sites (i.e. safe2go) as I'm browsing so I'm confident the cloud-side function is OK.

But it is my understanding that some filtering is dependent on data in a local store as in prefs.js in Mozilla for example. Two months is a long time in the protection business.

Thank you!

post-70017-1336854384_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The software has a small cache stored locally.

I was referring to product updates, the cloud protection is always up to date when you are connected to the internet.

The local cache is updated several times per day.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

• Thank you for your reply. I don't believe you fully understand my May 12 inquiry or you failed to devote enough effort to answer precisely the issues I presented.

"The software has a small cache stored locally."

Well, yes, I know that. That should be evident from my reference to Mozilla's prefs.js file. For Chrome it is the "chrome-extension_GUID string_0.localstorage" file.

If the local cache is updated several times per day what then is the accounting that on my WinXP desktop and Win7 laptop for both Mozilla and Chrome browsers on each (four browsers in total) the Settings show "Last updated on: 12 March 2012"? In fact, to this day, exactly as shown in the screenshot I posted up on ten days ago.

Since the current product was released on January 27 and I have noted the "Last updated on:" change on a regular basis until it stopped on March 12, something here doesn't make sense. Or something is broken. Please explain.

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

In that screenshot you can see when the product update was released.

For the daily updates, we do not provide information in the main interface because is not necessary.

Also, we do release product update without actually changing the build number.

I am truly sorry if my answer wasn't clear enough in the first post.

Take care.

• I use Opera on Windows 7. Take a look at these control buttons, which are part of TL. They constantly appear on almost all the pages, including this one. As you can see, there are also some letters and links, some of which you can't see because they're transparent (or white, I don't know), they can only be seen when marked with the cursor.

It's getting me nuts! Please tell me how to uninstall Traffic Light - it's missing from the Control Panel.

4fc4f23d396fb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome back!

We recommend you to upgrade to Opera 12 Beta and you should not encounter those issues.

Take care.

• Hello,

Why was Trafficlight updated to version 0.2.1 for Chrome, but Firefox still uses the 0.1.28 version? And when will it be updated?

• Hello :)

All extensions are usually updated in the same day, but the version doesn't have to be the same on all browsers.

Take care.

• @tat - The extensions updates were released/submitted on the same day for both Firefox and Chrome.

What my colleague Christian doesn't know is that for Firefox it take longer due to their review process. In Chrome once you upload a new version it's live and available for the users while in Firefox updates are reviewed by their team.

Hope this clears things up.

Also to clean up this thread , for any other question please open a new topic.

Best regards,

Daniel.

• @tat - The extensions updates were released/submitted on the same day for both Firefox and Chrome.

What my colleague Christian doesn't know is that for Firefox it take longer due to their review process. In Chrome once you upload a new version it's live and available for the users while in Firefox updates are reviewed by their team.

Hope this clears things up.

Also to clean up this thread , for any other question please open a new topic.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Thank you for clarifying that Daniel, because I was wondering the same thing, I look forward to trying the new version once the Firefox Team finishes reviewing it & finally releases it. ;)

• Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

The new version can be found over here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/trafficlight/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/c...ihekkeednfoenal

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.