Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Segmentation Fault Error When Trying To Scan

I just downloaded and install

BitDefender-Antivirus-Scanner-7.6-4.linux-gcc4x.amd64.deb.run

from link provided by BitDefender on registration. After installing I provide the key and Click on Scanner. The program get shutdown. So I go into terminal and give command bdgui. Program started and same - clicking on Scanner program shut down , and on terminal it says - Segmentation fault.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 64bit

Ram 8GB

Comments

• Hello,

Please run as root:

# ulimit -c unlimited

# bdgui

After you click on Scanner you should see something like: Segmentation fault - core dumped in console.

In the current directory you should have a file named "core". Please send it to us in an archive.

Thank you

• Hello,

Please run as root:

# ulimit -c unlimited

# bdgui

After you click on Scanner you should see something like: Segmentation fault - core dumped in console.

In the current directory you should have a file named "core". Please send it to us in an archive.

Thank you

I submitted the archive file using "http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/contactForm/" link. Can u give me a email id, so I can send this file using email.

I can not attach the file in reply because it doesnt allow saying "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

• @Aniruddha - BD tech support always suggests using a free file sharing website to upload files like this. You can use a website like sendspace.com or mediafire.com. After you upload your file to the site, you will be given a download link. Copy that download link and then paste it in a PM to Dan P. Be sure to include a link to this topic in your PM so that he knows what the uploaded file is in reference to.

Regards,

• @Aniruddha - BD tech support always suggests using a free file sharing website to upload files like this. You can use a website like sendspace.com or mediafire.com. After you upload your file to the site, you will be given a download link. Copy that download link and then paste it in a PM to Dan P. Be sure to include a link to this topic in your PM so that he knows what the uploaded file is in reference to.

Regards,

I sent mail alongwith download link to Dan P.

• Hello,

We tried to reproduce your issue without success. Please let us know if it is possible to have a remote session to your machine. If it is possible, I'll create a ticket and we'll continue to communicate there.

Thank you

• Never mind, I switched to the other antivirus product. I had no. of malware on my external drive and really needed to cleanup. And Bitdefender wasn't working.

• Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.