Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Updating Stopped When The Interface Closed

When I try to update the Bitdefender manually and close the Bitdefender interface the update stopped and there is no indication in the Event Module also.

Comments

• When I try to update the Bitdefender manually and close the Bitdefender interface the update stopped and there is no indication in the Event Module also.

My advice, without getting upset, it is to let it update itself. He does quite often, so I do not see any logic of a manual update.

It is possible, has not been any update then and so have not found anything to Events

Use with confidence, Bitdefender Antivirus!

Regards,

Matei

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hi Omer,

Can't reproduce the issue. Can you provide me with more details ? How do you know the update is stopping when closing the interface ?

• Press Update button and close the interface and open Bitdefender again and found that update have been stopped. I checked it many times as there were chances that the updates not available at that time, but this is not the case. No indication in Events also.

• Same for Automatic Updates also.

• Did exactly what you said - closing the GUI when is checking for updates and in the event log I got "update succeeded".

Anyone else can try and let me know if they can reproduce the issue ? Does the issue still reproduce Omer on your end ? Tested it on 4 different machines, on none was able to reproduce it, at least once.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

@Did exactly what you said - closing the GUI when is checking for updates and in the event log I got "update succeeded".

Closing the GUI when is checking for updates and in the event log I got "nothing" and update stopped, when I re-open the Bitdefender GUI.

I re-install my Bitdefender and get the same situation at present. However not tested on other machines.

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Not sure I'm following; you got both cases when it was checking for updates (update succeeded and no entry in Events) on two tests ? One generated the successful update in Events and the second time you got nothing ?

I have tried multiple times on two test machines and couldn't replicate it. Anyone else encountering the same issue ?

I personally never update it from the interface. I always right click on the icon and select 'Update Now'.

• I'm afraid you are not getting my point, however its not a major issue. Putting in simpler words I want to say that while updating (Automatic or Manual), closing the Bitdefender interface also stops the update process and there is no indication in the Events (obviously on re-opening the Bitdefender interface).

I did re-installation of Bitdefender some days ago, but facing the same situation.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

Hi

The current situation has been solved.

The update runs in the background. The main window displays the process only when is started from the interface.

Thank you.