Backup ?!

Kindly I need to use my BitDefender

For backup as 2011 & 2010 version

I don’t want use on line backup I need to back data to my passport disk

Kindly how I can do it

Thanks

Comments

• Hello and truly sorry for my late response. The local backup is not available in the 2012 version. You can use the 2011 version and register it with the 2012 license key if you need that feature.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

• peter@taem.co.za
    edited October 2011

Danydan,

Please assist. I have moved our small network over to Bitdefender TS2011 from Avast5. One of the PC's running BDTS2011 started having problems with vsserv.exe hogging huge amounts of the CPU and upon reading these forums you indicated that BDTS2012 be installed. I did this and the vsserv.exe problem stopped (after observing the PC for a only a few hours).

We use the backup module of BDTS2011, and having installed BDTS2012 I now see that the local backup moduleis not available anymore. I can't access the backups from BDTS2011 due to BDTS2012 not having the module, and reverting back to BDTS2011 might let the vsserv.exe problem start again.

Please indicate whether BD plans to make the Backup module available, and why this was not offered in the latest BD version?

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi PeterV

Sorry for the delayed reply.

In the current situation, please reinstall Bitdefender 2011, open the vault and recover all your files.

Then uninstall it and reinstall Bitdefender 2012.

We are sorry for the current situation, but please note that the online backup is safer(worst case scenario: hardware failure).

Thank you in advance for understanding. Have a nice day.

• I have to add my voice to those that are seriously disappointed in BD decision to remove the local backup option from 2012. I have a file server that was using this feature on a daily basis backing up between 2-5 gigs/night of data & I have always found this a pleasurable & easy solution.

Now I have to go out & source a new solution?!?

BitDefender PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS PLEAS! BRING BACK THE LOCAL BACKUP SOLUTION FOR US!

I cannot revert back to 2011 as that product started giving me many headaches that once I upgraded to 2012 were resolved.

Please, PLEASE consider re-integrating the backups!

• Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

I have sent your request to our Dev. team.

Have a nice day.

• I've only just upgraded so I've only just found out that I can't back up locally any more - not surprisingly, Bitdefender didn't bother to mention that when they were nagging me to renew my licence.

Telling us that we have to uninstall the current software and reinstall an older version to get back stuff that we've saved previously with Bitdefender is totally unsatisfactory customer service.

And telling us that online backup is safer has to be a joke. I'd rather have the data here under my control than rely on a dodgy internet connection if I want to do a restore. And how long is it going to take me to upload the contents of my terabyte drive in the first place?

Please give us back the backup feature a.s.a.p. I note that you sent the request to the development team in November. It's now February. What's happening?

And by the way, I've already tried registering the 2011 version with the 2012 licence key and it will not allow me to do it - it tells me that there are not enough characters in the 2012 key.

• Hello :)

For now, the backup module will be only online.

We also launched a standalone solutions for users that only want a backup software.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=264

I can tell you for sure that your data is safe on our servers. A local backup is useless in cases of hardware failure(especially the HDD).

Also, the connection between Bitdefender Backup module and our servers is encrypted during the transfer.

Thank you for your feedback.