Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Zmud Running Very Slowly

Options

Hello,

I recently installed BitDefender Total Security 2011. I play online games called M.U.D.s, or Multi User Dungeons online using a program called zMud to connect to various domains.

Ever since I installed BDTS, I've been unable to play my games - not because I could not connect, but because for some reason, my input to the client I use is -very- slow. As an example, loading the client - which before took around three seconds - takes closer to fifteen now. When I do get the client loaded and select the server I wish to connect to, connection is almost instant - as before. However, any text I enter into the command line takes up to a minute to appear, and does not appear entirely.

When I type the name of my character, Grignor, for example, after about thirty seconds, 'Gri' might appear, but not the 'gnor', even though I typed the full word. As you might expect, that makes playing impossible, as I am unable to even log in to the game, much less interact with others on a real time basis.

I have added all the file paths that seemed relevant to the antivirus exclusions list (see screenshot), to no noticeable effect.

tFOZq.jpg

On that list are:

• The specific 'world' file path for one of my characters.
  • The entire directory path for the m.u.d. client.
  • The specific 'world' file path for another of my characters.
  • The file path of a program that acts as a proxy for connecting to various 'worlds'.
  • The file path to the folder holding that program (There are some .dll's that let the program function in there, I just didn't want them blocked.)
  • The path to the .dll that specifically allows the 'mapper' aspect of the program to work (it creates a real time map of the m.u.d. I am connected to.)
  • The file path of a specific 'world' that I use the program on.

As I stated - connection isn't an issue (before adding the i_mapper dll to the exclusions file, my 'mapper' was not loaded at all). I can connect just fine, it's my own input that's being screened or something that makes it impossible to interact with the 'world' and even bars me, by proxy, from logging into the games.

Thanks,

Karl D.

Comments