Bitdefender Fraud

This is my fourth inquiry in a week, I have never experienced such incompetence from BitDefender. When you call, of course you get someone in Romania that speaks very little English, so it exasperates the situation. Love Romania, just when you call, the poor phone personnel are powerless to make any decisions.

PROBLEM 1: I just purchased BD Total Security 2012 on 10/12/2011, order #9467000726. When logging onto my account on-linet on-line, it shows my license is up in 182 days. I just purchased the entire software package. What the gives? I purchased 3 PCs, 1 Year. One year in the USA is 365 days.

PROBLEM 2: I the purchased above BitDefender 2012 Total Security under a promotion/solicitation email direct from BitDefender that clearly stated if I purchased BitDefender Total Security 2012, 3 PC's for 1 Year, I would receive 4 EXTRA months FREE. In the USA, that means 120 EXTRA days.

PROBLEM 3: I contacted BitDefender customer service on 10/11/2011, ticket # 201110091004726 in reference to my soon to expire BitDefender Total Security 2011, which had 67 days left on the license key.

I was contacted back on ticket # 201110091004726, by "Dragos Barbu, BitFender Technical Support Engineer", advising me to take advantage of the purchase deal, load the new software, register the new key, and send the new key number to BitDefender Customer Service, and they would add the remaining 67 days ( at that time) from the old license onto the new license and deactivate the old one.

I sent BitDefender on Ticket # 201110131019312 my new license number, and a copy of the email from Dragos Barbu stating they would add the 67 days at that time to my account. I also drew attention that my account online does not show the new software had 365 days (3 PCs, 1 Year), nor the extra 4 months as shown in the promotion (120 days in the USA). I sent very clear instructions to review all three items.

BitDefender responded to this, reference same ticket# 201110131019312. In this email from "Geroge Radulescu, BitFender Technical Support Engineer" he stated that the 67 days had been added to my new license key. He did not mention the extra 120 days. Nothing. No reference to it. But yet in his return email, you can scroll down, below his response, read my entire inquiry to BitDefender, and clearly see my question as to why I did not get the extra 120 days as what was advertised.

A total of four inquiries on line, four phone calls.

SUMMARY A -

My account on line shows I purchased BitDefender Total Security 2012 on 10/11/2011. It clearly shows I registered the License Key on 10/13/2011. 3 PC's, 1 Year. My account shows only 182 days remaining as of 8:44pm EST (USA).

SUMMARY B -

My account DOES NOT show the 63 Days "added" to my account

SUMMARY C -

My account does not show the "advertised" extra 120 days (4 months)

A total for 4 on-line inquiries, and four phone calls to Romania.

ASSUMPTION OF WHAT HAPPENED - HOW TO FIX.

Not sure about the math in Romania, but it looks like some one subtracted the 120 days from the initial 365 days of my new purchase of BitDefender Total Security 2012 on October 12th, 2011, and then today, October 14th, 2011 - subtracted 63 days from the account, leaving on my newly purchased software, 182 days until it expires

365 - 120 - 63 = 182 days EXACTLY what shows on line at this time.

On Monday, October 17th, at 8am EST (USA) I will contact my credit card on this very obvious attempt to defraud me of what I paid for.

Two different people, Dragon and George, both making the EXACT same mistake.

I wonder how many people world wide BitDefender does this to.

RESOLUTION - As a long time customer, and because of the time I have expensed in trying to resolve this matter, I will not except nothing less than some sort of additional extension on my current license for my inconvenience and frustration.

Through not fault of mine, two representatives of BitDefender made the same mistake.

Further, I have been trying to resolve this for 3 days. I repeat, as of Monday, October 17, 2011, at 8AM EST (USA) I will contact my credit card company and institute a fraud complaint, and reverse the monies in US funds charged to my card for material not delivered as advertised.

Please govern accordingly.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.