Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mobile Security Issues On Android "ice Cream Sandwich"

Mobile Security on Android "Ice Cream Sandwich" 4.0.3.

Issues:

1) Notifications use a custom gray background instead of the stock transparent black background and it's ugly, moreover the text is white so white on gray is almost unreadable.

2) If I install a widget, the "scan on app install" prevents the widget to be added to the widgets chooser and I have to reboot the phone in order to "refresh" the drawer. This is a serious issue and I had to uninstall BitDefender.

Comments

• Thank you for reporting. I've forwarded your input, but please use the email provided in the application page in the future, since it gets where it should faster.

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Could you please tell me if you are using a custom mod or the official update.

We've looked on how notifications are displayed over several releases of ICS (4.0 , 4.0.1 , 4.0.3 ).

What we are using are standard notifications provided by Android using their API. This problem has only surfaced since 4.0.3 and apps who use that certain API have notifications shown on that weird gray background.

Regarding the Widget drawer , we were unable to reproduce the issue in any way during our test.

It could be helpful if you tell us what device you are using and like i said in the beginning , if it's a custom rom or the official update.

Best regards,

Daniel