Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

About:home Mozilla Starting Page

Options

Bonjour

Je m'appelle Christian and I am French

On my own comptuter, OS is Windows 7 home edition (windows updated) ; I am using Firefox 9.01 as Navigator with several extensions

List is : Adblock plus ; Better privacy ; BroswerProtect ; Ghostery ; FlagFox ; Forecast ; FEBE ; Ecleaner ; WOT ; TrafficLight 0.1.25 ; Adblock plus Popup Addon 0.3

On my comptuter at work, OS is Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 ; I am using Firefox 9.01 as Navigator with several extensions

List is : Adblock plus ; Element Hidding helper for Adblock plus ; FlagFox ; Forecast ; Ghostery ; TrafficLight 0.1.25 ; Adblock plus Popup Addon 0.3

I have a problem with Firefox starting page ; after doing several tests I found out that it did occur when using together TrafficLight Bit Defender and Adblock plus Popup Addon, on both computers

a - Google search engine Logo disapears

b - Search function is disabled ; button not reacting

c - Popup message on window just below Search field is blank

d - I get an error on Firefox console (gSearchEngine is null line 184)

the temporary solution is to set Google Page as default page if I want search fonction active

1) When I use TrafficLight on its own = allright (whithout Adblock Popup installed)

2) When I use Adblock plus Popup Addon on its own = allright (whithoutTrafficLight installed)

3) if, when both installed, I then disabled TrafficLight and keep Adblock Popup, I have still the same problem with Mozilla starting page ; same situation if I do the reverse ; on top of that, when I uninstalled both, I keep the problem ??? I have to re-install Firefox from scratch and then choose between Traffic Light or Popup Addon, which annoys me

It would be very kind of you to help me fixing this

Thank you very much

Comments

• Bonjour

Je m'appelle Christian and I am French

On my own comptuter, OS is Windows 7 home edition (windows updated) ; I am using Firefox 9.01 as Navigator with several extensions

List is : Adblock plus ; Better privacy ; BroswerProtect ; Ghostery ; FlagFox ; Forecast ; FEBE ; Ecleaner ; WOT ; TrafficLight 0.1.25 ; Adblock plus Popup Addon 0.3

On my comptuter at work, OS is Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 ; I am using Firefox 9.01 as Navigator with several extensions

List is : Adblock plus ; Element Hidding helper for Adblock plus ; FlagFox ; Forecast ; Ghostery ; TrafficLight 0.1.25 ; Adblock plus Popup Addon 0.3

I have a problem with Firefox starting page ; after doing several tests I found out that it did occur when using together TrafficLight Bit Defender and Adblock plus Popup Addon, on both computers

a - Google search engine Logo disapears

b - Search function is disabled ; button not reacting

c - Popup message on window just below Search field is blank

d - I get an error on Firefox console (gSearchEngine is null line 184)

the temporary solution is to set Google Page as default page if I want search fonction active

1) When I use TrafficLight on its own = allright (whithout Adblock Popup installed)

2) When I use Adblock plus Popup Addon on its own = allright (whithoutTrafficLight installed)

3) if, when both installed, I then disabled TrafficLight and keep Adblock Popup, I have still the same problem with Mozilla starting page ; same situation if I do the reverse ; on top of that, when I uninstalled both, I keep the problem ??? I have to re-install Firefox from scratch and then choose between Traffic Light or Popup Addon, which annoys me

It would be very kind of you to help me fixing this

Thank you very much

I am adding new information coming from the conceptor of Adblock Plus Popup Addon, Mr Jesse Hakanen

"Hi,

Thanks for your analysis. Seems that TrafficLight, and only

TrafficLight is causing this.

I was able to reproduce the issue in the following way:

- Create a new profile for Firefox

- Install only TrafficLight, restart browser

- Browse couple of pages, display the TrafficLight's top tool banner

couple of times

- Restart the browser => about:home is broken

It may not happen on the first boot, but after some browsing it

eventually happens.

It seems that TrafficLight somehow breaks up the browser's

localStorage and therefore the following row (number 181) in

chrome://browser/content/aboutHome.js fails and returns null:

gSearchEngine = JSON.parse(localStorage["search-engine"]);

But since this happens when TrafficLight is installed alone, is has

nothing to do with Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon or any other addon. You

should probably try to contact Bitdefender now that you have more

information about the issue.

Regards,"

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello , we reproduced the issue here in our labs and working on fixing it. As soon as it is fixed it will be released in a future update.

Thank you for all the details that made it easier to identify.

• Hello

thank you for your answer

I am glad to hear that this issue will be fix and wait for updgrade

Have a good day

Regards

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Christian

Thank you for reporting this.

I will post here when the update is released.

Take care.