Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Uninstall Tool

Options

The new Bitdefender Uninstall Tool don't detect the installed Bitdefender Product. I've installed Bitdefender Total Security 2012 on my system, for some reasons I've to uninstall Bitdefender, but the Uninstall Tool try to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus first, then Internet Security and then finally the installed product i.e Total Security. The same is the case for uninstalling Bitdefender Total Security 2011. I think, this is totally a wastage of time. The tool should detect the installed product and then execute the uninstall routine for it.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

The uninstall tool is searching for all Bitdefender products starting with Bitdefender v10 and ending with Bitdefender 2012.

It is now a bug.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

The uninstall tool is searching for all Bitdefender products starting with Bitdefender v10 and ending with Bitdefender 2012.

It is now a bug.

Thank you.

What about the fix?

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

There's no need for a fix. The uninstall tool functions as designed.

It searching fo all known files an folders, no matter the installed product.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

It is now a bug.

Thank you.

There's no need for a fix. The uninstall tool functions as designed.

It searching fo all known files an folders, no matter the installed product.

Thank you.

Does it also uninstall Bitdefender Traffic Light?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

No, these is no need to uninstall that standalone product. You can uninstall it from Control Panel.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Either the uninstall tool automatically detect the installed product or it display the product list which it can uninstall and the user can select the desired one. Also user also know about what products can be uninstalled with this tool.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

All desktop products can be installed with the Uninstall tool downloaded from here: bitdefender.com/uninstall

As I previously mentioned on the forums, the tool is looking for all know files/folders and registry keys starting from Bitdefender 2008 and ending with Bitdefender 2012, no matter if the product is installed or not.

We will update soon the tool for Bitdefender 2013 too.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

All desktop products can be installed with the Uninstall tool downloaded from here: bitdefender.com/uninstall

As I previously mentioned on the forums, the tool is looking for all know files/folders and registry keys starting from Bitdefender 2008 and ending with Bitdefender 2012, no matter if the product is installed or not.

We will update soon the tool for Bitdefender 2013 too.

Take care.

I don't have install any Bitdefender product (starting from Bitdefender 2008 and ending with Bitdefender 2012) on a system with clean Windows installation. And I run the uninstall tool in order to see what happened but still the uninstall tool look for Bitdefender and try to uninstall it until the process completed and prompt for restart. Is this normal behavior of uninstall tool?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

As I mentioned earlier, even if Bitdefender was not installed on that system, for safety measures, the tools still looks for registry keys and file/folders.

It is a normal behavior.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

By the way I could not understand that logic. :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

You can consider it like a registry/file cleaner created especially for Bitdefender.

Seriously, the presence of the software in the system can be determined by some registry keys, but the leftovers can remain undetected because Windows Installer doesn't remove those too.

The Uninstall Tool has all the predefined files/folders and registry keys and will delete them one by one.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

OK, I installed Bitdefender Total Security and want to uninsatll it by the official Uninstall Tool. The sequence of the Uninstall Tool for uninstalling the Bitdefender products (whether installed or uninstalled) is

1) Bitdefender

2) Bitdefender Internet Security

3) Bitdefender Antivirus

4) Bitdefender Total Security

But the files/processes/drivers are deleted/uninstalled at the first step (Bitdefender) and not start from the fourth step (Bitdefender Total Security)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please check my answer from here first:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150557

Under Bitdefender, the cleaning routines for older products like 2008 are loaded.

Since the products are modular, it will begin with Antivirus to remove all the drivers and active components, will continue with Internet Security to remove the Firewall and at the end Total Security to remove the leftovers(non critical modules).

The process is automatic and we will not change the order.

Thank you!

• I have Bitdefender MAC 2.01 installed. I can't uninstall it using the uninstall program (must have run it four times). I can't properly install the latest version (2.3?) over it, and I can't uninstall (2.01) the older version. I need help getting rid of the older version, and then installing the newer version.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I have Bitdefender MAC 2.01 installed. I can't uninstall it using the uninstall program (must have run it four times). I can't properly install the latest version (2.3?) over it, and I can't uninstall (2.01) the older version. I need help getting rid of the older version, and then installing the newer version.

Read this post

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/removin...or-mac-661.html