Question

I was asked this question, I would like to hear comments.

I have one person got into a dispute about "whether the updated kernel version Bitdefender 2010 and 2011?"

According to my observations, the kernel updates come only in 2012 the first version, and for older versions (2010 and 2011), of course only the antivirus databases?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome back.

It goes like this: every product has his own kernel, but the virus definitions, disinfection routines and antimalware updates are available for all Bitdefender products.

A sample will be detected by every product after the update is released(both consumer and business products).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• I understand that, question was, whether the updated kernel versions 2010 and 2011 versions?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome back.

We release updates for older products only if a user is reporting an issue or a bug.

We focus our attention on the most recently released products and the future ones, this is what every company from the security industry does.

The keyword is and will always be: improvement.

That's why we recommend users to always install the latest version, the upgrade is always Free for users that have a valid license.

Take care.

• Thank you, all is clear.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Am I glad I was able to answer your questions.

Let me know if you have others.

Take care.