Bitdefender Free Edition Re-design As Portable Antivirus

I have a suggestion for Bitdefender Free Edition Antivirus, since it is On-Demand scanner, so why don’t you re-design it to be used as Portable Antivirus rather than to be used in installation form for only-On-Demand scanning. I think it would be more advantageous and expedient that the On-Demand Scanner is Portable.

Comments

• Any comments?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Omer :)

This conversion is not possible right know because the product has to load some drivers in the system, especially for anti-rootkit scanning and self protection.

Take care.

• In this case the scan for rootkits should optionally be available and not mandatory, I mean we can customize the scan to meet our requirement.

Also if we select to scan for rootkits, it should restart for loading drivers. And I am not talking about "right now", I am suggesting for redesign, which is obviously possible in future (if approved).

And you are well aware of that Kaspersky, Escan, Dr.Web, A-Squared, Trend Micro, Trust Port, Clam-Win, Vipre etc already have portable antiviruses.

You can also upgrade the tool to Portable one that is requested by Rampant in this topic .

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi ONT :)

I have provided an answer to Rampant on that topic, you can check it out.

We do have a portable antivirus, BDC, in command line that can be run without installation.

I will not provide my opinion about other publishers and what they do with their products.

For now, there won't be a version of Portable Bitdefender with a graphical interface.

Take care.

• Still not interested?

• Hello :)

The free version can be installed on any system that has another antivirus product on it and will not cause conflicts be cause there is no realtime protection for it.

It won't be compiled as a portable version.

Anyway, I posted a request to make it compatible with Windows 8.

Thank you!

• Now the Free Edition improved a lot and has also Real Time Protection alongwith other Protection Technologies AVC, IDS etc . So now I am suggesting to develop the standalone Portable Antivirus Tool like some other vendors (listed above), independent of free edition and other product line. This tool will be very beneficial in the situations where system is already infected badly and Antivirus failed to install on that system. It may be Rescue CD alternative also.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited February 2013

Support the proposal of the Omer, the more good programs from the developer, the higher the rating. You have a nice design, it's the cloud scanner, if we extend its functionality, you get an interesting anti-virus utility, this is a Russian developer, pay attention to it.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Support the proposal of the Omer, the more good programs from the developer, the higher the rating. You have a nice design, it's the cloud scanner, if we extend its functionality, you get an interesting anti-virus utility, this is a Russian developer, pay attention to it.

Its difficult for me to understand Russian.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Hello :)

Rampant, please do not post links to other security solutions on the forums.

Thank you!