Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable "game Mode Enabled" Popup

Options

Every time Bitdefender Total Security 2013 enables gaming mode automatically, it shows this annoying pop up at the bottom right of the screen.

Please add an option to disable that.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

I don't mind that too much, as well as with the Laptop Mode enabled pop up. To me it just confirms all is engaging properly, and it only lasts about 4 seconds, compared to if we had to manually click it off.

• Ruga
    Options
    I don't mind that too much, as well as with the Laptop Mode enabled pop up. To me it just confirms all is engaging properly, and it only lasts about 4 seconds, compared to if we had to manually click it off.

If it were to only appear once, I'd agree with you.

But in my case:

I play World of Warcraft in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode so I can easily tab between WoW and other apps like Firefox etc.

Every time I tab back to WoW from another app that used up the screen, I get the popup.

Either add an option to disable it completely or just have a limit.

• columbo
    Options

Interesting, nice follow up info. Ruga. Not being a gamer, I did not know it would keep popping up like that, I could see where that could get a little annoying.

• myym
    Options
    If it were to only appear once, I'd agree with you.

But in my case:

I play World of Warcraft in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode so I can easily tab between WoW and other apps like Firefox etc.

Every time I tab back to WoW from another app that used up the screen, I get the popup.

Either add an option to disable it completely or just have a limit.

Hi, I had exactly the same frustration while playing wow. BUT !!! I found the solution.

Go to Settings > General > Automatic Game Mode (OFF)

Its that simple :o

• I registered just to say I have this same problem with game mode. And I am surprised this is even an issue. On modern computers, popups are more intrusive than the resources saved by utilizing game mode. Please fix this, but until you do, I will keep this feature disabled.

Thanks!

• I've noticed bitdefender had this problem with other versions too. Are people even reading these forums?

Last time somebody from support actually responded was hoping 2013 fixed this problem.

No, it did not.

Hi, I had exactly the same frustration while playing wow. BUT !!! I found the solution.

Go to Settings > General > Automatic Game Mode (OFF)

Its that simple :o

That's not a solution, you're turning off the actual game mode, he wants the game mode to stay but the pop up to go away.

• Here is what solved my problem.

Settings => General => Automatic Game Mode => ON

Settings => Antivirus => Exclusions => Excluded Processes => ACTION ALLOWED for my process.

Thanks.

• Here is what solved my problem.

Settings => General => Automatic Game Mode => ON

Settings => Antivirus => Exclusions => Excluded Processes => ACTION ALLOWED for my process.

Thanks.

Sorry, this did not work after all - my mistake.

Thanks.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad this was resolved.

We will do our best to improve Game Mode in Bitdefender 2014.

Have a great day!