Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Just Hangs

I have Bitdefender installed on two computers - my laptop and my desktop. A few days ago, updating Bitdefender on the laptop got very difficult - it would take a long time "checking", then it would tell me how large a file was to be downloaded, it would say that it was downloading, but there was no progress in the download. Updating on the desktop was working fine. Yesterday, it took about four hours for one update to complete on the laptop. I perused the forum and discovered that I could download the 2013 version. I downloaded the new version, uninstalled the old one and installed the 2013 version (only on the laptop).

BTW, the upgrade did not act as advertised - it asked me for my registration key.

While I was doing this upgrade, I noticed that the desktop (2012 version) was starting to act the same as the laptop had - downloading wasn't working. At one point, it said that the file being downloaded was about 2.5M and about 600K had been downloaded. Sometime later, it said that it was downloading that 2.5M but none had been downloaded and it has now been in that state for a couple of hours. I am guessing that the downloaded 600K disappeared because a new automatic update started and killed the first one. Not nice. I have now turned automatic updating off. [new edit - since I started writing this post, the desktop update now says that 515K has been downloaded - but that number is not moving]

Back to the laptop. After installing 2013 (and all the attendant Windows updates), the laptop is still not downloading updates. It's actually worse now because the 2013 version doesn't say how big the update is nor how much has been downloaded. To my mind, this is a downgrade (don't take information away! This is important information to me for those times when I am limited to a dial-up connection - but that's another issue). All I'm getting is the spinning circle in the update box that says it is downloading. I have no idea if it has actually downloaded part of the update or none of it.

What is going on? Why are updates taking so long (or not downloading at all)?

Pardon my snippiness but I have spent a great deal of the day on this and I am very angry.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.