How To Create A Zone In Bitdefender Firewall
We recommend you to make sure that the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication as follows:
- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on
- click on "Manage adapters" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device
- for this particular adapter please set :
*Network type to Home/Office
* Stealth mode to Off
* Generic to YES and click Close.
Now please check if the issue persists. If it does, please create a zone for the device's IP address:
- open Bitdefender
- click on Settings
- go to Firewall module and click on the Advanced tab
- turn ON "Internet Connection Sharing" and turn OFF "Block port scans"
- then click on Settings tab
- click on Adapter rules
- select the corresponding adapter and click on "Add zone" button
- select the IP address from the list or enter it manually, set Permission to Allow and click OK.