Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Screens/pages Refreshing

Options

HI.

Just checking with people who have the knowledge :-).

We have Vista Ultimate and BD Total Security Build 16.26.0.1739.

We have noticed a pattern of some net pages loading and after a fraction of a second they reload (we use Firefox). This is relatively new (since about mid December 2012) and does not happen with all net pages, however it does occur constantly whenever we load a login window like email accounts, forum logins etc.

We use Safepay when accessing secure financial login net pages and haven't seen the refresh problem with those pages. However we have only used Safepay a couple of times since we noticed the page refreshing issue in Firefox.

So, what to do, is this kind of window reloading common, that is, are we being overly cautious (Paranoid:-))?

Regards.

Comments

• HI.

Just checking with people who have the knowledge :-).

We have Vista Ultimate and BD Total Security Build 16.26.0.1739.

We have noticed a pattern of some net pages loading and after a fraction of a second they reload (we use Firefox). This is relatively new (since about mid December 2012) and does not happen with all net pages, however it does occur constantly whenever we load a login window like email accounts, forum logins etc.

We use Safepay when accessing secure financial login net pages and haven't seen the refresh problem with those pages. However we have only used Safepay a couple of times since we noticed the page refreshing issue in Firefox.

So, what to do, is this kind of window reloading common, that is, are we being overly cautious (Paranoid:-))?

Regards.

Ok, I will try and give an answer (Bitdefender style :-).

So here we go;

Option 1: Thanks fredsone for posting here you need to do a lot of stuff, send a log file and will have escalate your issue to level 2... So you need to wait!

Option 2: You need to uninstall your Bitdefender run our Uninstall Tool and run CCleaner, and/or then start in safe mode to do something, then reinstall the whole thing again... That may or may not fix anything but it will give you something to before you settle down and wait!

Option 3: We are making some changes which might eventually arrive by automatic update and won't require any additional action, perhaps! Oh don't forget to wait!

Option 4: Spend your money and telephone BD, this wont necessarily get you anywhere but we will make some more cash out of you and you get to listen to our cool tunes while on hold for a very long time, so yet again you need to wait!

Option 5: Send some e-mails to BD support lol lol lol and for your troubles you will need to wait!

Option 6: Use the specially designed Bitdefender_Supporttool to log your problem (it may not work but it sure looks good) and then wait!

Finally;

To all those who have been charged for a new license period and are angry because you didn't want it, well why did you authorise BD to automatically renew your license? For the auto-renewal to occur you will have selected the auto-renewal check-box we included in the original purchase and setup process

Yes the auto-renewal option was designed in such a way that it looked exactly like a terms and conditions agreement and like all of those agreements it was a requirement that you accept it in order to proceed with the instillation, but if you looked hard enough you could have cancelled it once you had BD installed.

Take care :-)

• Well what to do?

If this forum a comedy site?

There are so many people asking questions and next to nothing happening, what is going on?

• ...If this forum a comedy site?...
    No, but it would easily be. I'm trying hard for this but nobody seems to follow...

As for marysone's comments about waiting...she's just missed the obvious:

BD support is again - at least - one step ahead. They're preparing for Mars...time - perhaps they are already there.

Regards

• No, but it would easily be. I'm trying hard for this but nobody seems to follow...

As for marysone's comments about waiting...she's just missed the obvious:

BD support is again - at least - one step ahead. They're preparing for Mars...time - perhaps they are already there.

Regards

Yes, I waited with some interest when marysone said I was actually going to get a reply to my post...

We had been discussing the BD forums and I noted an apparent frustration here with little to no responses to customers posts. I highlighted my experiences including that during the last year I have been involved in 2 issues which were escalated. One was resolved after several months and frequent prompts from me and after many months the other is still waiting for action. So you can appreciate I wasn't confident of a useful outcome when I wrote my latest post, but, ever the optimist I gave it a go...

I posted my current question because some time ago I read that internet villains were accessing our private stuff by hijacking many of our login screens. Apparently they would collect our login details and then use the collected information for whatever it is they do with such things. I am not sure if this was a widespread issue but since it is principally our login screens which are consistently reloading I thought I would check here... Silly me :-)

Perhaps I should send BD an email lol lol lol and then they could put on their best smile and tell me how to purchase the product I already have.

Take care

• Hi,

First, we all know about lack of BD support which is unacceptable and perhaps in near future we'll see an improvement.

As for your worry about instantly reloading pages on Firefox, I noticed that on my previous OS (Win 7) but I never paid attention to this. I don't know what it is (and I'm somehow sure that is not critical).

What I know is, when I send any kind of personal infos through internet is almost similar I publish them on CNN, even if I use CIA's security.

Realizing this, I use AV/Firewall apps for protection from...novice hackers they only want to play with us.

Regards

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

This happened to me yesterday while I was already logged on this forum, the web page "jumped" like it was a quick reload/refresh, like it went minimized (slight step), then maximized very quickly in 1/10th of a second. It was on a Window 7 64-bit OS with BD 2013 Suite.

As with werby3, I'm not to worried about it. I should try logging out of all my web pages and manually logging in it to see if I get the same refresh issue more consistently when I log back in (as I use LastPass exclusively on all my PCs)

• Thanks for the replies.

I have a simple approach to systems, if they suddenly change their behavior then something in their operation has changed, ergo, check it out! To date, my security software experiences have taught me that it pays to be vigilant.

With my previous security software provider, I noticed my firewall would turn itself off (I later found out the module was unloading, whatever that means) and then the module would reload and the firewall would restart all by itself. After some third, fourth etc party help it appeared the software was compromised at a registry level (again, whatever that means). The provider didn't want to play and messed us around, then their help went the way if the dinosaurs. They eventually played Santa and gave us all the "All New" software as a free upgrade (sound familiar).

Guess what? The disappearing firewall problem was cured.

Anyway, thanks again to those who answered and keep up the efforts to help... Also, thanks to BD for the lovely looking forum pages.

Regards.