Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safego Query

Options

Hi,

I have just bought Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 and I am a new customer so not that familiar with it yet. I clicked to set up Safego and logged into my Facebook account but then chickened out when Bitdefender asked for permission to access my news feed etc. Now when I visit my Facebook page, I have noticed that links that friends post on my newsfeed now have little green ticks next to them, like when I surf the internet, from Bitdefender. I changed my password to see if that might change anything but it didn't. My question is, how is it possible for these green ticks to appear if I cancelled the request to access my information?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your concern.

The green checkmark next to friends posts is not put there by SafeGo, but by Scan SSL, an option from Bitdefender. To switch ON/OFF this feature please bring up the Bitdefender interface > go to Settings > Privacy Control settings > Antiphishing tab > Scan SSL.

Also, keep in mind that if you don't want your friends to view any automatic SafeGo post, you can set it to make the posts visible only for you, right after click on Allow extra permissions. Also, access the SafeGo wall go to Settings and there, switch to OFF: Publish weekly summary & Publish to wall, just like in the attached image.

Please feel free to reply if you have other questions or concerns.

post-34114-1382715031_thumb.jpg