Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2008 Antivirus Deleted Safe Files

Options

Hi Everyone,

I had 2 software installation files that BitDefender suddenly deleted . They have been on my computer for years, but after the latest update, BD decided they were malware. The funny thing is, I didn't have my BD real time protection settings, set up to delete "infected" files, just move them to quarantine. After a full system scan, I selected to restore the files from quarantine, and then the real time protection immeaditly deleted them.

Is there anyway to recover those files ?

Comments

• Hi Everyone,

I had 2 software installation files that BitDefender suddenly deleted . They have been on my computer for years, but after the latest update, BD decided they were malware. The funny thing is, I didn't have my BD real time protection settings, set up to delete "infected" files, just move them to quarantine. After a full system scan, I selected to restore the files from quarantine, and then the real time protection immeaditly deleted them.

Is there anyway to recover those files ?

Hi Everyone,

Here's some more info :

Today, after updating BitDefender Anti virus 2008 , and running a full system scan I discovered that BD anti virus 2008 considered my PG2 beta 6c set up .exe file to be a Trojan, generic 84997.

And BD also thought that a Free Commander 2007 .10 set up .exe file was also a generic trojan,87692 .

These files were on my computer a long time, and only after yesterday's update, did BD consider it infected.

I was able to use the Handy Recovery software to restore the deleted files.