Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Queston About Firewall In Internet Security Version

Options
freedda
edited April 2008 in General talk

I'm considering buying BitDefender Internet Security 2008 version which includes a firewall. In the past I've used AVG which also had a firewall.

Sometimes with the the AVG firewall, when one of my programs was trying to connect to the internet (probably to search for updates) AVG would ask if I wanted to continue, and also had a way to create a 'safe' list of programs that would do this. This feature is not included in the default Windows XP firewall.

I'm wondering if Bitdefender's firewall has some or similar features (so its looking at both incoming and outgoing internet traffic)? I didn't see this level of product detail on the web site.

Best, David.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello David,

Yes, BitDefender Firewall "looks" both sides: Outbound (connections from inside-out) and Inbound (outside-in).

Also, the Firewall has a Traffic list, where it remembers all answers that you gave (either to block, either to allow a certain application). And also, BitDefender comes with a pre-defined whitelist, which contains trusted applications (checked by BD team), list which is updated via LiveUpdate. This list can also be disabled, so you will be warned about all application (regardless if they are trusted or not).

I'd suggest that you download the 30-day free trial, and check the product for yourself. You can see this way if you like it, if it suits your needs, etc... before buying it. :)

Cris.