Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdsys Log

Options

Hi I am new to BD and this forum. So please excuse if this topic has been discussed before.

I recently on the 18th responded to what was apparently my request for information from BD and that this ticked would be closed since they didn’t hear from me

After I responded I promptly received a response with the instructions to foreword a BDSYS log generated by a program from BD.

On the 21st I received a response back that my issue is being processed. That's the last I heard from BD, today is Jan 25th.

The thought crossed my mind, was I being Spoofed?? Did this request actually originate from BD? Since I don't remember the original request that generated the ticked ( I later surmised it had to come from when BD got stuck and I clicked yes on sending BD some information about this issue.)

Since BDSYS log is a password protected file and I haven’t got a clue what it collected or did and haven’t heard back it just leaves me wonder.

Please enlighten me, how long should I wait for a response? What do you think?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

It does seem that Bitdefender support is not the fastest at dealing with things but they do get round to it. Only Bitdefender themselves can answer your question so I would send in another support ticket and quote the ticket number you received with your original contact.

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

While I'm unable to help you with your ticket, I can mention that the password to the BDSYS log archive, for recent versions, is "infected" (sans the quotation marks).

Privacy-wise, there is no attempt or intent in the data gathering process to include any private or identifiable information, but some does get collected on some computers.

• Thank you for your replies.

I was able to open the file with the password mentioned, so that gives me more confidence as to the legitimacy of the first reply from BD. Still haven't got an answer back regarding the log file.

Day before yesterday I did try to contact BD by chat about my concern but didn't get through so I left a message and that again generated a ticked, but no response other than they opened a ticked.

• Still nothing from BD. With the second ticked I sent them the first ticked number and also a log file from my laptop. In the interim I reformatted both the Desktop as well as the laptop and reset all passwords and feel now fairly secure. But it would have been nice to get some sort of feedback to see what caused the problem.

I also had purchased a two year BD subscription through Amazon and that was an issue right from the start since the box had been opened and the Key had already been used. But BD cleared this up in one Chat session without me having to get back to Amazon.

But now I am not so sure if it was a good idea to go two years with BD. I just hope I won't need their support in the future.

• Still nothing from BD. With the second ticked I sent them the first ticked number and also a log file from my laptop. In the interim I reformatted both the Desktop as well as the laptop and reset all passwords and feel now fairly secure. But it would have been nice to get some sort of feedback to see what caused the problem.

I also had purchased a two year BD subscription through Amazon and that was an issue right from the start since the box had been opened and the Key had already been used. But BD cleared this up in one Chat session without me having to get back to Amazon.

But now I am not so sure if it was a good idea to go two years with BD. I just hope I won't need their support in the future.

I just got an answer back from BD and all is well now after reformatting and starting over

• Rohugh
    Options

Thanks for reporting back on this one, took a little time but at least you are sorted out and happy. :)