Is The Thunderbird Toolbar Really Needeed?

What does the toolbar actually do? i missed it in the installation and I do not have it installed. Do the av- and anti-spam -features work without it?

What opinions you have of it, is good and necessary?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Jaska Olen

The Antispam toolbar helps you manage antispam protection directly from your mail client. You can easily correct Bitdefender if it marked a legitimate message as SPAM, but keep in mind that the antispam protection is provided only for POP3/SMTP e-mail clients.

• What does the toolbar actually do? i missed it in the installation and I do not have it installed. Do the av- and anti-spam -features work without it?

What opinions you have of it, is good and necessary?

Thunderbird has a pretty good Antispam feature. It will learn over time. I have it set to move the spam it identifies or that I lable as spam to the Junk folder. BDIS AntiSpam will move spam missed by Thunderbird to the Trash folder. Of course no spam filter is 100% accurate so it is best to check what is in the Junk folder and Trash folder before deleting what is in the folder or closing Thunderbird if you have Trash set to empty when you close Thunderbird.

The BD Antispam toolbar can of course be used to label sending websites as Friend or Spammer. Note that the actual sending website might not be what is identified in the Sender field of the email and that a number of spammers, especially the malicious ones will attempt to camouflage their email address. So as always one needs to be careful when clicking on any links or picttures in emails receieved. As a general rule one should never click on an attachment in an email unless they are expecting the email from a person they know and trust. Clicking on links is also sometimes problematic. My preference is to either open links into my browser or copy and paste them into the browser.