Antiphisting Toolbar Is Missing In Firefox

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2014 (Registered)

When I open Firefox Antiphisting toolbar (Bitdefender Dragger) is not found at the top of the page.

But the Bitdefender toolbar is enabled in Antispam.

Please help. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

I assume you mean it is enabled in the Privacy window? (see attachment)

Close Firefox and run a repair on Bitdefender -

Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features>double click Bitdefender and choose Repair.

Wait for it to complete then reboot.

post-175392-1399038261_thumb.jpg

• I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2014 (Registered)

When I open Firefox Antiphisting toolbar (Bitdefender Dragger) is not found at the top of the page.

But the Bitdefender toolbar is enabled in Antispam.

Please help. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have noticed that Firefox with NoScript that if the webpage in question is not allowed in NoScript then the Toolbar will not show. I have also noticed that some webpages even with the webpage enabled in NoScript the toolbar does not show. However, these appear to be a very small minority. I haven't looked into it to find out why.

• Also, if it is enabled as Rohugh showed in post#2, it could be missing due to a FF re-install, or if FF was set to it's default settings, as this will eliminate all BD extensions:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=212238

• Also, if it is enabled as Rohugh showed in post#2, it could be missing due to a FF re-install, or if FF was set to it's default settings, as this will eliminate all BD extensions:

I discovered another instance instance in which the Toolbar does not appear in Firefox. I use Ghostery and when Ghostery shows no trackers on a webpage, yes there are some like that, then the Toolbar also does not appear.

• I discovered another instance instance in which the Toolbar does not appear in Firefox. I use Ghostery and when Ghostery shows no trackers on a webpage, yes there are some like that, then the Toolbar also does not appear.

I agree on the reset to default in Firefox. However, re-installing needs a little clarification. If you reinstall over a current version you will not lose your Toolbar addons or any other addons as long as the re-installed version is compatible with the Toobars and addons. However, both of those situations apply to all addons iincludining Toolbars.

The two I mentioned have to do with a situation where the BD anti-phishing Toolbar is installed and shows but just not in those two situations; i.e when NoScript is not allowing the webspage ****** which is the default and when there are no trackers on the webpage. There could be additional situations that prevent the Toolbar from showing, however at this time I am not aware of anymore than the two I mentioned.

I agree on the reset to default in Firefox. However, re-installing needs a little clarification. If you reinstall over a current version you will not lose your Toolbar addons or any other addons as long as the re-installed version is compatible with the Toobars and addons. However, both of those situations apply to all addons including Toolbars.

The two I mentioned have to do with a situation where the BD anti-phishing Toolbar is installed and shows but just not in those two situations; i.e when NoScript is not allowing the webspage ****** which is the default and when there are no trackers on the webpage. There could be additional situations that prevent the Toolbar from showing, however at this time I am not aware of anymore than the two I mentioned.

My wording could have been more accurate, considering if you did a total uninstall (checking the box, "remove personal data and customizations"), then re-installed FF, you would no longer have the BD antiphishing extensions. As reinstalling FF (saving settings) or updating FF usually don't affect the BD extensions. Good call (clarification), Nesivos :)

So would a person be better off in totally relying on BD antiphishing, compared to also using NoScript and/or Ghostery considering the times the BD Toolbar doesn't show...and if it gets to the point of at times not showing, it is being affected performance or effectiveness wise in general? i.e. can we add on to much (NoScript/Ghostery), and have it affect BD's antiphishing effectiveness? Disclaimer: I've only used NoScript for about 20 minutes in the past, and have only read about Ghostery.

Thanks

:)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014

Hello all,

Bitdefender Traffic Light toolbar requires first of all a working Base Filtering Engine service. I would recommend opening services.msc to see if Base Filtering Engine appears in the list.

If it's missing, follow this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192

@ annamalai: feel free to post back should you require further assistance.