Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quickscan Won't Start In Ie V11

Dear Bitdefender,

Lately I haven't been able to get Bitdefender Free Online

Virus Scanner (Quickscan) to start in IE ver 11.

It starts and runs fine in Firefox.

If possible please tell me what needs fixing to get

Quickscan to run in Internet Explorer. It worked fine

a few weeks ago.

Thank you,

Ken

Comments

• The recent Windows updates concerning ActiveX controls should not affect Quickscan, but you might be using an outdated copy that has been blocked separately.

Please try to remove and reinstall the add-on.

You should be able to do this by starting Internet Explorer as administrator, accessing the tools menu(cog in upper-right corner) and selecting Manage add-ons.

Select Toolbars and Extensions, and under Show choose Downloaded controls or All add-ons. Find the QuickScan add-on, double-click it and hit Remove.

After allowing it to be removed, proceed to close the two new windows and reinstall the add-on from the QuickScan page.

Hope this helps.

• The recent Windows updates concerning ActiveX controls should not affect Quickscan, but you might be using an outdated copy that has been blocked separately.

Please try to remove and reinstall the add-on.

You should be able to do this by starting Internet Explorer as administrator, accessing the tools menu(cog in upper-right corner) and selecting Manage add-ons.

Select Toolbars and Extensions, and under Show choose Downloaded controls or All add-ons. Find the QuickScan add-on, double-click it and hit Remove.

After allowing it to be removed, proceed to close the two new windows and reinstall the add-on from the QuickScan page.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. They fixed the problem. I'll try hard to remember them

if this happens again ~:)

Best regards,

Ken