Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool For Pc

Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC is a free app that identifies and removes unwanted apps such as adware, malicious hijacker programs, annoying toolbars and other browser add-ons. Keep the apps you like, get rid of the programs that bug you. The tool will only erase those apps that you wish to be removed. It scans your computer for adware, and produces a list of apps marked for removal.

http://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/adwar...adware-remover/

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/adware-removal-tool/

Comments

• I have had it on two of my computers for a few days now, it didn't find anything but I didn't expect it to as I keep a "clean" computer, there have been no problems with the program either. Nice offer from BD that goes along with it.

• It is necessary to conduct tests on real samples, potentially unwanted programs, are now very much in the network.

• antikythera
    edited October 2014

I'd be more interested if it was a secure-boot compatible bootable image rather than an EXE. The fact that another free standalone tool has been developed specifically for adware/PUP malware makes me question the validity of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. Surely the 'extra' functionality would be better implemented into that package. Just my two pennyworth.

As for not getting any detections with a responsibly maintained current full version product like 2015 BDIS installed, I should hope not Ro ;)

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Did a little test [...].

Samples can provide.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Rampant:

Thank you for helping us to improve Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for PC. It is currently available as beta – it’s not the final release.

You are more than welcome to send us any feedback about it at remtools@bitdefender.com and we’ll get back to you.

However, comparative tests are not allowed on this forum. Please read the forum rules carefully before posting. I had to modify your above post.

Thank you for your understanding.

• So be it)

• So be it)

Final Release 1.1.0

File Size 44,753,642

Digital Signature Date 11/6/14

Available at BD Lab. Click on Ready To Download, Download Final It's near the top on the right.

Personally I prefer using "adwcleaner" which is probably for the more advanced user.

• Just a note, if you are already protected by the Bitdefender Antivirus solution installed on you system, the tool won't run. I had the problem with the release version not running yesterday and checked with support.

• I could test the release, but I'm here to spread banned test results.

• Just a note, if you are already protected by the Bitdefender Antivirus solution installed on you system, the tool won't run. I had the problem with the release version not running yesterday and checked with support.

This is what it says when you try and run it "You are already protected by the Bitdefender product installed on your system,"

They could add to the above "Thanks for using Bitdefender, safe surfing" :)

• retiredldo
    edited November 2014

This is what it says when I try and run it "You are already protected by the Bitdefender product installed on your system," but I cannot find it anywhere in Bidefender I am running bitdefender total security 2015. When running adware, I did not see any ads on the browsers etc,

So

1. How do I know that bitdefender adware is running

2. Do you still see the ads

Thanks

:rolleyes:

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    This is what it says when I try and run it "You are already protected by the Bitdefender product installed on your system," but I cannot find it anywhere in Bidefender I am running bitdefender total security 2015. When running adware, I did not see any ads on the browsers etc,

So

1. How do I know that bitdefender adware is running

2. Do you still see the ads

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Hello retiredido,

Because you are running Bitdefender Total Security 2015 there is no need to run the Adware Removal Tool as you are already covered by the AV for adware - hence the message.

Ro.

• Hello retiredido,

Because you are running Bitdefender Total Security 2015 there is no need to run the Adware Removal Tool as you are already covered by the AV for adware - hence the message.

Ro.

Ro thanks for the response I appreciate it, I have never or at least I dont think I have seen anything as a result of the adware removal program. I guess it does not block ads, would that be correct.

Regards

Pete