What Triggers Work Profile?

which programs or processes will make the work profile turn on?

For me, MS Word is the key work tool, so I added it to the list of programs.

But out of curiosity, what is supposed to trigger work profile?

Comments

• which programs or processes will make the work profile turn on?

For me, MS Word is the key work tool, so I added it to the list of programs.

But out of curiosity, what is supposed to trigger work profile?

Okay, I see that by default, Outlook triggers it. At least sometimes.

But that is really bad for me, because I have outlook open all the time, whereas Word is open usually when I am working.

So it is all backwards.

They really should give us the option to exclude programs. Then this will be a really awesome feature.

But as it is now, it will do more harm than help.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback. A way to exclude applications from Bitdefender Profiles is yet to be approved by the product manager. We have already requested this back in September 2014.

To answer your first question - by default the Work Profile is associated with productivity apps stored in our database:

- Local email clients

- Browsers (online email clients, online communication services)

- Communication apps (Skype, IM clients, Yammer, Lync etc.)

- Development tools (Visual Studio, etc.)

- Design apps (Photoshop, etc.)

- Apps that generate user specific content (Office suite – Word, Excel, etc.)

Hope the above information helps.

• I see that this issue hasn't changed since 2014 - there still doesn't appear to be a way to stop a specific app triggering a profile in Bitdefender.

Currently for me, it is triggering the Work profile on Adobe Creative Cloud starting. Unfortunately, Adobe insist on running a whole slew of their programs in the background on boot, which do not indicate that I am working in any of their products, just that they are monitoring my activity for whatever reason Adobe have for that.

I can understand if the profile triggered on launching Photoshop or Premiere or one of the other applications, but there is no reason for it to trigger on the background tasks. It happens on both my work laptop and my personal one, and means that my personal laptop thinks I'm always working, even though it is primarily used for gaming.

I know I can disable automatic profile switching, which is what I'm going to have to do in the immediate future, but that reduces the functionality of the product. Perhaps somebody needs to take a look at the database of apps you have there to ensure you're listing the correct ones?