Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Usb Rescue Disk Fails To Boot, "no Such File Or Directory" Error

Options
abovocom
edited February 2022 in The Archive

I created a Rescue Boot USB today, but the USB will not get past the screen shown below.

I am trying to run this on a Windows 8 HP Pavilion g7 laptop. I enabled Legacy boot options, prioritized the USB to boot first, disabled Secure Boot, and just about everything else that I could think of to get this to boot. Also, I created the USB drive using both the Stickifier.exe and the Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.9, but neither worked.

The basic error that keep getting is ctx=0x7fc29d0a42e0 path=/lib/modules/3.19.0-gentoo-x64/kernel/drivers/misc/lis31v02d/lis31v02d.ko error=No such file or directory

The basic error that keep getting is ctx=0x7fc29d0a42e0 path=/lib/modules/3.19.0-gentoo-x64/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-controller.ko error=No such file or directory

The basic error that keep getting is ctx=0x7fc29d0a42e0 path=/lib/modules/3.19.0-gentoo-x64/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-controller.ko error=No such file or directory

Ky2r3nm.jpg

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    I created a Rescue Boot USB today, but the USB will not get past the screen shown below.

Hi abovocom,

Welcome on the forum,

I already had problems to launch a Rescue Boot from a usb drive, it did not work.

I used the program on a CD-Rom (they are quite chea.p now) and it worked.

You'd better try that.

Best regards,

L.