Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Updating The Rescue Cd

Options
negativzeroe
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Hi all, I love the BDRCD as it has helped me out in the past, but is there a way I can add some updated drivers? I use an older 2010 version of the disc because the efi that is built in since then doesn't work with multiboot, and I would guess this would apply to newer discs as well. I use PowerISO and am familiar enough to rebuild it with boot parameters and all that, but I have this issue where there is no network at all. No update, no browser, no network settings, nothing. Any advice would be great!

EDIT, by apply to newer discs, I mean recompile with updated drivers, not the issue that I am having.

Comments

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all, I love the BDRCD as it has helped me out in the past, but is there a way I can add some updated drivers? I use an older 2010 version of the disc because the efi that is built in since then doesn't work with multiboot, and I would guess this would apply to newer discs as well. I use PowerISO and am familiar enough to rebuild it with boot parameters and all that, but I have this issue where there is no network at all. No update, no browser, no network settings, nothing. Any advice would be great!

EDIT, by apply to newer discs, I mean recompile with updated drivers, not the issue that I am having.

Hi negativzeroe,

CLearly it is a question to ask BD Labs... whether they'll deliver soon another kind of rescue CD that fits your requirements. Did you try with the recent version?

I stopped using multi boot systems ages ago (it was too unstable).

Edit

I have this issue where there is no network at all

Is it possible to update the rescue cd from another machine?

Regards,

L.

• Hi all, I love the BDRCD as it has helped me out in the past, but is there a way I can add some updated drivers? I use an older 2010 version of the disc because the efi that is built in since then doesn't work with multiboot, and I would guess this would apply to newer discs as well. I use PowerISO and am familiar enough to rebuild it with boot parameters and all that, but I have this issue where there is no network at all. No update, no browser, no network settings, nothing. Any advice would be great!

I understand your frustration. It's a SHAME that an "End-User" has to modify a "Commercial" Rescue CD in order for it to work. What is BD Labs doing ALL DAY??

How hard is it to install "modules/firmware" to cover MOST networking needs?.... wired AND wireless!... BOTH are very capable of downloading the virus definitions "reliably". Me.. I used my linux host to copy over the "b43"(firmware) folder and "sudo modprobe b43"(command) in booted rescuecd to get wireless working.... SIMPLE! Although, I'd rather have module "broadcom-sta" installed for its 11n ability/speed.

Back to you negativzeroe...... you can use the NEWEST version with a few tricks. If your "multi-booting" with a flash drive there's a nice Windows program "RMPrepUSB" that will guide you on how to partition your flash drive and have those partitions accessible to windows in order to "extract" Bitdefender RescueCD iso to its OWN partition(It doesn't work otherwise with the menu.lst method).

Hint: The only items I put into the "dedicated partition" were the [boot and rescue folder] and the x64.efi file. If the BIOS is set right you should go straight to the language menu of Bitdefender Rescue.