Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Bd Scan Emails In The Inbox For Potential Threats?

Options
Grandpa Jim
edited October 2015 in Web protection

I received an unsolicited email from an unknown source claiming that my auto insurance is about to lapse, which happens to be true. Normally I ignore unsolicited emails but, I opened it and it contains a couple of links I am uncomfortable clicking on. Is there a way to scan emails for potential threats, malicious links, etc, while it is in the Inbox rather than opening it

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

If you are asking about Web Mail, then no, there is no way to check that before opening as the attachments are held on a remote server. As soon as you open an attachment it will be scanned and blocked if malicious.

If you are referring to Thunderbird or Outlook accounts on your computer then BD has you covered.

• If you are asking about Web Mail, then no, there is no way to check that before opening as the attachments are held on a remote server. As soon as you open an attachment it will be scanned and blocked if malicious.

If you are referring to Thunderbird or Outlook accounts on your computer then BD has you covered.

Thanks for the rapid and informative reply. Does that mean Bd can scan Thunderbird and Outlook Inboxes?