Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Search Advisor Has Disappeared In Firefox 42 On Google Search Pages

Options

Hi you all out there,

I need some information on the following topic. About a week ago, I had to reinstall W8.1 from scratch to Factory Settings. Having recovered quite quickly from this disaster, I had restored browser profiles which I backed up on an external HD. I have noticed however, after installing FF42 and the latest version of Opera, that the search advisor seems to be working normally on google search pages in both opera AND IE11, but is totally absent in FF 42 ! In other words: both Opera + IE11 show icons (geen/red) in a google search page to mark websites as safe /unsafe, but these icons do not appear in FF 42. This struck me as odd but may not be a coincidence. Before restoring W8.1, I was browsing with FF 41 as my default browser, and it displayed the same behavior in all of these browsers, so everything worked fine.

Curiously enough, when I open a link in a google search page by opening it in a new tab in FF 42, then the Web Protection dragger at the top of a page actually does work. But for some reason I don't understand, FF 42 is not warning me anymore on google search pages if a website is (un)safe beforehand.

I am sort of guessing that this isn't really a Bitdefender problem, because it seems as though Mozilla has somehow initiated some sort of extra security features in FF 42 which may / may not cause this specific issue. I think this has something to do with their new Updated Firefox Security Indicators as listed below.

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/

Quite honestly, I am just an average PC user, and the only thing I can gather from this, is that these features have something to do with Website permissions, Cookies, SSL, TLS and certificates of sorts, but what this all means, I don't really have a clue. Somehow this seems to be linked to Bitdefender Search Advisor having lost its functionality in google search pages on FF 42. But I can't make head nor tails of what it all means and I can't be sure of it. In FF 41, everything worked normally. And I am getting the impression FF 42's new features are interfering with Search Advisor's functionality.

All my BD TS 2015 Web protection settings are de facto checked: Bitdefender Toolbar - Search Advisor - Scan SSL - Fraud Protection - Phishing Protection are all ON. Mozilla's explanation on what these features are actually adding to the FF browser are pretty scant. I can't find sufficient info as how to deal with this on Mozilla website itself, or how I am supposed to make Search Advisor work again on google search pages. To me it seems as if these issues are related.

So maybe there's somebody out there who can explain this to me ?

Many kind regards