Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Rescue Cd - Weird Error Message

Options
Dennis Primm
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Dear Bitdefender,

I recently downloaded your latest Rescue CD ISO from your website and used it on a friends ASUS computer and it worked just fine after I figured out to type livecd and startx to get it going. Once I did that it worked great. Then I came home and tried to scan my own system and it gave me the following error message (I think the error message came after I entered startx):

[ 0.063447] Ignoring BGRT: invalid status 0 (expected 1)

starting version 225

and it never started running, it just sat there idle. So sorry for not being able to get a screenshot.

I Googled BGRT and an Ubuntu link came up, but I didn't know what they were talking about, so here I am.

My computer is a Toshiba C75D-B7300, Windows 10 Home (64-bit), basically stock, I've got a WD 1TB external USB HDD and a mouse and keyboard attached to it through a USB hub. I haven't added anything internally. No SSD - nothing.

Have you ever heard of this type error before? I made sure I was connected to the internet via Ethernet both times I used your CD. I don't understand why it worked on my friends ASUS computer and not mine.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Dennis Primm

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Dennis,

BGRT is the ACPI Boot Graphics Resource Table. The error you see is because the status value in the table is zero, hence bit 0 (the display bit) is not turned on, so the boot graphic is not being displayed. The BGRT message is just reporting that this is disabled on your machine, and it is not a fatal error. The boot process should continue, slower but continue.

You can however bypass this by pressing E button on your keyboard while you have "Start the Bitdefender Rescue CD in ...." highlighted and adding the command "nomodeset" at the end of the first line. Afterwards press CTRL + X.

1iy1js.png

• Hey Sorin,

Thank you so much for your quick response! I really appreciate your explanation of what is going on.

I love your product and it cleaned my friends machine really well. After I ran your Rescue CD, I then ran 360 Total Security with all the anti-virus engines turned on and did not find any left over viruses, so that says a lot about your product!!!

Lastly, I appreciate the time you took to help me with my problem.

Sincerely yours,

Dennis :)

• Sorin G.
    Options

Glad to hear that everything is okay.

• Dear Bitdefender,

My laptop is a Toshiba C75D-B7300 ​with Windows 10 Home (64-bit). It does not have any modifications other than a Netgear A6100 Genie USB Adapter plugged into it for 5 GHz WiFi connectivity. I also disconnected my WD 1TB external USB HDD before running the scan too.

I still have the same problem as discussed in my last post, but I need to explain it further

This is the problem I posted in the last post:

[ 0.063447] Ignoring BGRT: invalid status 0 (expected 1)

starting version 225

You explained the ACPI Boot Graphics Resource Table bit was a "0" (being off) versus a "1" (being on).

WHAT MY REAL PROBLEM IS:

Your program seems to start as the CD spins up at the start for about two minutes or so, and then it shuts down for a while and then spins up for about two minutes again, but after that it does nothing. I've left it on for about an hour and I don't get any textual feedback. I don't get any text on the screen, nothing. Is that normal?

What should I expect to see?

I want to tell you about a couple of things that I didn't mention before that may help you.

1. I attached my Ethernet cable from my laptop to my router instead of directly to the modem (could that be the problem?). Should I connect it directly to the modem?
    2. When starting the Rescue CD, it states "Starting in Unsecure Mode" right before it states "Grub!" (I don't remember seeing that on my friends ASUS computer, but it ran in graphical mode),
    3. When running the Rescue CD on my friends ASUS laptop it scanned it in less than 30 minutes and that laptop is older than my machine

I hope this information is enough to allow you to help me. Please let me know if you need any additional information and I'll try to get it. I tried to attach my System Information file, but it was to large to upload.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Dennis Primm

• Sorin G.
    Options

Please try to use the Troubleshooting option and let me know if you're able to start it that way.

sghf2c.png