Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

AppLock Android- Lock BitDefender itself

Burken
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Hi there,

Using BD on Android (via BD Total 2017).

App Lock works mostly  fine for other apps, 

but how do i lock BitDefender itself ? 

It doesn't appear in the app list of the app locker, 

and if anyone can just access BD it's too easy to change app lock settings of other apps.

Feels like i am missing something... 

THX A LOT for clarifying 

Burken

Comments

• Anybody available for a quick answer

to this simple question ?

- much appreciated ! 

• Hello,

It is redundant to block the Bitdefender app itself as you are prompted with a PIN request should you need to modify any important settings.

• for anyone else that found this post in frustration:

the applock feature is actually secure.

yes, you can go into the bitdefender mobile app without being prompted for a pin/fingerprint.

yes, you can go into the applock feature and see what apps are protected by applock.

however, when you try to "unlock" an app in applock you are prompted for a pin/fingerprint to carry out that action.

here's a scenario broken down if that doesn't make sense:

1. set up applock on the bitdefender mobile app

2. try to open an app that applock is protecting and you should be prompted for a pin/fingerprint (great, this is what it should do)

3. someone steals your phone

4. the thief goes into your phone and tries to open an app protected by applock and are prompted for a pin/fingerprint to unlock the app (great, applock is doing what it should)

5. the thief tries to open the bitdefender mobile app (they are able to do so without being prompted for a pin/fingerprint)

6. the thief goes into the applock feature and tries to "unlock" an app that is protected by applock

7. before an app can be unlocked the thief is prompted for a pin/fingerprint to do so (even though the thief can see the apps that applock is "locking" they can't "unlock" an app without first entering your pin or successfully scanning a fingerprint)

I got in contact with Bitdefender because I was frustrated with this as well and didn't realize that you had to enter a pin/fingerprint before you can "unlock" an app in the applock feature. The same is true for any setting change in the Bitdefender mobile app, you have to enter your pin or successfully scan a fingerprint to make any changes in the mobile app. To me it doesn't seem like Bitdefender does a very good job of explaining this. So Bitdefender needs to work on effectively communicating with their customers but their mobile app is secure which is the most important thing in the end.

• On 5/20/2019 at 8:26 PM, brendon.davies said:

for anyone else that found this post in frustration:

the applock feature is actually secure.

yes, you can go into the bitdefender mobile app without being prompted for a pin/fingerprint.

yes, you can go into the applock feature and see what apps are protected by applock.

however, when you try to "unlock" an app in applock you are prompted for a pin/fingerprint to carry out that action.

here's a scenario broken down if that doesn't make sense:

1. set up applock on the bitdefender mobile app

2. try to open an app that applock is protecting and you should be prompted for a pin/fingerprint (great, this is what it should do)

3. someone steals your phone

4. the thief goes into your phone and tries to open an app protected by applock and are prompted for a pin/fingerprint to unlock the app (great, applock is doing what it should)

5. the thief tries to open the bitdefender mobile app (they are able to do so without being prompted for a pin/fingerprint)

6. the thief goes into the applock feature and tries to "unlock" an app that is protected by applock

7. before an app can be unlocked the thief is prompted for a pin/fingerprint to do so (even though the thief can see the apps that applock is "locking" they can't "unlock" an app without first entering your pin or successfully scanning a fingerprint)

I got in contact with Bitdefender because I was frustrated with this as well and didn't realize that you had to enter a pin/fingerprint before you can "unlock" an app in the applock feature. The same is true for any setting change in the Bitdefender mobile app, you have to enter your pin or successfully scan a fingerprint to make any changes in the mobile app. To me it doesn't seem like Bitdefender does a very good job of explaining this. So Bitdefender needs to work on effectively communicating with their customers but their mobile app is secure which is the most important thing in the end.

It is redundant to block the Bitdefender app itself as you are prompted with a PIN request should you need to modify any important settings.

•  

• %微整 针剂 韩国 直邮 VINIX 伟力士 白毒 粉毒 绿毒 伊婉 纽拉 艾莉薇 贝拉 德彩 德玛 维诺斯 海珠 贵妃 红溶脂 白肉 粉肉 绿肉 彩肉 密斯菲尔 保妥适 BOTOX 乔雅登 瑞兰 丽珠兰 塞尔斯 filler 필러 보톡스 juvederm Restylane 瘦脸针 溶脂针 丝丽 Stylage 微信 WeChat: fashion_show_

• Still the so-called "less important" settings (like web protection) can be modified which is not ideal from a security perspective. And also the user account information is visible.

Has anything changed in the last two years? Any (reasonable) explanation why this feature cannot or is not intended to be realized by BD?

• Step 8. Thief goes to the Device Admin App section in the Android Settings and remove Bitdefender as device admin. Uninstall Bitdefender just like any other app. Applock and Anti-Theft are gone.

I can't believe Bitdefender allows this. I used to use Kaspersky and as soon as the device admin configuration was open, Kaspersky would lock the phone.

• Hi,

More information regarding the device admin inquiry is available in the ideation thread below:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user