Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Upgrade Pop-Up Window

Options

As a consultant, I manage about 400 different computers scattered among 45 different customers.  On Friday, January 20th, many (if not all) of my customers began calling me about a new Bitdefender 2017 upgrade pop-up window that was appearing on their screens.  This pop-up window offered them only 2 choices - "Upgrade" or "Remind me tomorrow".  Most, but not all, of my customers have properly clicked on "Remind me tomorrow" because they know that I perform all software upgrades of this type for them.  Fine so far.  However, the next day they are presented with the same pop-up window and have only the same 2 choices.

With this many computers to manage, I simply cannot have this sudden interruption to my schedule and my customers should not have this nag screen interrupting their work either.  Yes, I have a plan for rolling out Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 but it won't be done without considering a lot of factors that will affect a smooth implementation.  In other words, a rollout of this magnitude needs to be done on "my" schedule rather than "Bitdefender's" schedule.

I can see that this pop-up window is coming from a bdmigrate process.  The only way I have been able to stop this process is to go to the customer site (a true annoyance since I have remote access to all of the computers I support), boot into Safe Mode, rename the bdmigrate folder, and then boot back into normal mode so the user can get back to work.

Surely, Bitdefender did not mean to cause this much trouble for consultants and contractors who support large numbers of individual installations.  Is there a way to stop this pop-up window permanently without going through the Safe Mode procedure?

Thanks,

Ben