Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Wallet and Password Error

Options

I have had BitDefender Total Security since 2012 and updated every year.

As clearing the cache etc requires me to enter all my password again on every site that needs one, I used the password feature and set up a Vault.

The LAST thing I want is for my credit card details to ever be entered automatically, as there are various PC and mobile phone scams that harvest your number on the web page and sign you up for fake "Premium Service" scams.

So I configured the settings I wanted, harvested all my passwords from my browsers etc and typed in my Master Password TWICE and wrote it in the notebook that's kept locked in a drawer.

Moments later, BitDefender asked me for the Master Password and told me I'd got it wrong!

And I cannot delete the vault as it needs the Master Password!

Now, every time I boot up, WALLET appears and asks for my Master Password and tells me I got it wrong!

Thank All the Gods That Be that I did not make logging on to Windows require the Master Password! My Windows log-in is the only password that's not written down anywhere.

What can I do? Do I have to completely uninstall BitDefender and reinstall it?

And will that make sure that it does not remember my old Master Password? There won't be some old registry entry that will remember I had a Master Password?

Many Thanks

Comments