Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Do I need to manually disable Windows defender and firewall before installing bitdefender 17

Options
yafatana
edited April 2017 in Install activation

Or bit defender total security 2017 will automatically disable them ? Or it's better to manually disable them before installing bitdefender total security 2017 ?

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/index.php?/profile/195222-yafatana/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/195222-yafatana/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="195222" rel="">@yafatana

The simple answer is: "No, you do not need to disable Windows Defender and Windows Firewall before installing Bitdefender Total Security 2017 (BDTS2017).  The BDTS2017 installer will look after disabling those Windows protection apps.

It is important though to remove any other anti-virus applications from other vendors because they will interfere with the BDTS2017 install.  Moreover, it is very unwise to install more than one anti-virus application.  That said, I also have Malwarebytes Premium installed and it plays very nicely with BDTS201.  Malwarebytes is not a true anti-virus application, but rather an anti-malware application.  There are other companies that produce anti-malware apps as well.

It should be noted that Bitdefender recommends against installing other anti-virus and anti-malware apps because of the possibility of conflicts between Bitdefender and other anti-malware applications.  It is your computer, so it is your decision what to install to protect it.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Depending on my computer usage, I will use Malwarebyte's free scan and Trend Micro Housecall free scan bi-monthly, then uninstall them after each use. 

Some sites have sneaky redirects that freeze the machine. When it happens, I immediately reboot, it's the only solution. But most are blocked by BD, TS.