Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 start up black screen, long time to log-off, can not connect to services, msvcp140dll not

Options

Hello,

I do have Bitdefender Total Security 2017.  Recently I renewed my subscription.  I have it installed in a Vaio VCPEA37FL running Windows 7.

Some weeks ago I started with problems with Windows.  It took a long time to log in.  Between the welcome screen and the login screen, a black screen with the mouse arrow lasted for several minutes.  Then, after loging in, Windows started with the "old style" task bar.  A message window indicated that Windows could not connect to a service.  A lock icon appeared momentary in the task bar notification area. Then, I logged off but it took several minutes to close the session.  I try to find a solution over the internet and everything pointed out that the user profile was corrupted.  I created a new administrator account, but it did not work.  Same result. I tried to repair it. I got the message that msvcp140dll was not found.  I repaired the distributable C.  I ran the rootkit removal tools from different antivirus brands but nothing worked.  Finally the system crashed.  I did restore the computer to the factory settings (a pain because a lost some documents, software and had to reinstall everything).  I did upgrade to Windows SP1, updated Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome and then Bit Defender (before those updates I can not even open Bit Defender Central).  After installing Bitdefender Total Security 2017, the bad sympthoms appeared again: long start up, black screen, old task bar, services not connecting, extreme long log off time.

I have read other threads and tried the solutions but none of them worked.

Please help!

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The issue with the Connecting service is known and it is currently being worked on.

/index.php?/topic/75691-sent2devel-failed-to-connect-to-windows-service/&page=2&do=embed">

For the black screen on startup, please disable Early Boot Scan and let me know if the issue persists afterwards.

Bitdefender > Protection > Anti-Virus > Custom(On-Access) > Miscellaneous > Early Boot Scan