Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD has become so agressive that I had to remove it

Options

Dear support,

with every new version BD became more and more agressive triggering false positives. I've written many times on the forum, send samples for investigation and so on unfortunately nothing changed. I know that todays threats are indeed differtent then some years ago but also encription and protection mechanism implemented by devs to protect against piratery have become more and more complex.

Again, unfortunately, BD triggers every single time such an protection mechanism kicks in. I'm talking about a big flight sim community where people invest thousands of euros in add on's of any kind. BD blocks 80% of such add on's or online checking activations that I had to exclude Gigs and Gigs of files to be able to run or update anything.

It has become that agressive that I had to remove it from my system to be able to update such an addon.

This is way to much and your response towards false flagged files is way to slow.

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi Gerald, 

Thank you for the feedback. 

In this case most likely the detections are caused by Advanced Threat Defense which uses behavior analysis to detect malware, as I don't think those files would be signed as being malware in our database. 

If you have an open ticket with a support tool log attached to it , we should be able to tell from the notifications what files should be excluded on your side to allow the applications to work. Note that if you removed the product, you would need to reinstall, reproduce the issue, then generate the support tool log. You can create a ticket by sending an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com 

Have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.