Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Application Access: How to stop constant requests?

I am constantly getting app access notifications for the same applicaitons I continually block.

Most of them are usually Microsoft's built in apps constantly calling home for their spying. Photos, Skype, etc.

I repeatedly block them only to have Bitdefender ask me again over and over.

Any suggestions about how to block access to these apps once and for all without being bothered over and over?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

With Alert mode feature on, alerts are shown each time an app tries to connect to the internet. You can select Allow or Block.

In order to turn off Alert Mode, please follow the steps below:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the FIREWALL pane, click Settings.

3. Select the Settings tab and turn off Alert Mode.

Thank you!

• Thank you.

My question is why I am continually asked about access for an app once I've told Bitdefender to either allow it or block it? Once I've blocked an app, I don't want to continually be asked about it...I just want it blocked.

Thanks for your help.

• Hello,

If you selected Block when an app tries to connect to the internet, this will create a rule and it won't ask you again if this situation reoccurs. The rule will be created for that specific situation.

If there will be a different situation involving the same application, you will be asked again to Allow or Block the connection. For ex. one time the application asked to connect to the internet through UDP port and you blocked it but next time, it asks to connect through TCP port (this is a different situation).

Thank you and have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.