Mcafee install problem

Seips
edited February 2022 in Install & Updates

Hi,

I am seeking to install Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2020 in a laptop running Win10 (fully updated). I have received an error notice that I need to remove a previous version of Mcafee. I have run the Mcafee software removal tool as per the Bitdefender link). After restarting the PC, the same problem remains. 

A full search of the PC does not show any Mcafee files or directories. 

Weirdly, I have not used Mcafee for about 4 years. I removed it (or thought that I had) when I installed Norton 4 years ago.  

Comments

• Hello Seips,

Please send us a Support Tool log at bitsy@bitdefender.com and our team will gladly assist you:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• My laptop came preinstalled with McAfee trial software - I switched to Bitdefender.

It can be difficult to remove all traces of a program from a Windows PC and McAfee has their own S/W tool for removing traces of their programs. Search (google) for their own removal program, search for "mcafee.com how to remove McAfee from a Windows PC".

Simon

NB using "generic" Registry Cleaner programs and downloading applications from websites you are not familiar with, should be avoided.

• Hello everyone reticently i have got a solution of my issues regarding mcafee antivirus from mcafeepro support. we all know mcafee is a popular product in world wide and they provides best services and data secure with malware protection. But sometimes we have faced different issues. But now you can get your solution at one platform with simple to go Mcafee My Account Login page then write your issues. After that you will get solve of your issues within 15 mins in remotely. Thanks 

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Simon_M

There is very simple solution to your issue :

1) Restart your pc in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode)

2) Run McAfee removal tool (http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/SupportTools/MCPR/MCPR.exe) in safe mode. In this way it will remove all the services that will not be deleted in the general mode.

3) Assuming your windows drive is C, open below things in run command one by one or go to below location :

C:\Program Files (delete any folder with name McAfee)

C:\Program Files (x86) (delete any folder with name McAfee)

C:\ProgramData (delete any folder with name McAfee)

C:\Users\{your pc name}\AppData\Local (delete any folder with name McAfee)

4) Open run command again and run below command one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

5) Restart your pc

6) You can now install bitdefender easily.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2021

Kindly refrain from posting spam comments or your account will be ban. In extreme cases your IP will be blocked from creating new accounts on bitdefender forum. This place is not for promoting your website.

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)