Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there a way to turn off BitDefender on one computer from a different computer?

Options

Hello,

BitDefender is causing a fatale issue on one PC and I cannot boot into it. Can I disable it from a different device, so I can boot into the PC and change BitDefender's settings? I can see the BitDefender dashboard can remove BitDefender, but that doesn't help with just turning it off.

Thanks,

Nathan

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Member,

Currently there is no way to turn off bitdefender on one PC from another PC. Even from central if you will remove the device it will not disable your protection on the bitdefender installed PC since internet connection is required by bitdefender product to receive any command from central also.

The only way left is to try to boot into safe mode and then uninstall bitdefender. And if you are also not able to boot into safe mode, then the only option available will be to format your PC or you instead of formatting your PC can just upgrade your windows from your windows installation disk or flash drive which will keep your old user account secure and you can then easily access the old files afterwards with the newly installed windows.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I can boot in my PC without safe mode for a short period of time (2-5 minutes on average), so if the Internet connection can happen fast enough then that should still work.

What would removing the device on Central do? Uninstall it or just disable it?