Main interface won't appear - also is this the same software as the one in the App store?

I purchased and downloaded the software from the Bitdefender website for a Mac, running Mojave. On install, I get as far as logging in to the 'Bitdefender Agent' panel, get prompted to input a system password, and then the Bitdefender agent window disappears and nothing else happens. No other interface. If I open up the Agent again, it asks me to login again, same thing happens. I've attempted uninstall and reinstall a couple of times now on my mac, running Mojave but no change to what happens.
I then tried installing the software via the App store - and get a virus scanner window this way, but it does not appear to connect with my existing account. Is this the same company and software, or something different?
In my Dashboard in Bitdefender Central my device appears saying it is unprotected, with nothing installed, even after multiple installation attempts and this additional installation via the App store.

Comments