2020-11-24 EU Council Resolution on Encryption

Like probably many others I selected Bitdefender as my "protector of choice" mainly for 2 reasons:

1) outstanding technology and track record, acceptance and success in the markets

2) not based in a 5/9/14 Eyes or in any totalitarian country

The 2020-11-24 "EU Council Resolution on Encryption" requests "competent authorities" to obtain clear text access to end user data flows despite encryption.

"Protecting the privacy and security of communications through encryption and at the same time upholding the possibility for competent authorities in the area of security and criminal justice to lawfully access relevant data"

How concerned do we need to be with Bitdefender as a Romanian company of the EU?

Comments

• Mike_BDMike_BD admin
    edited October 18

Hello @5crambler ,

I've got your message shared with our Legal dept and once I get an answer, we'll revert to you. Meanwhile, hope our product (whatever that may be) serves you well !

cheers,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.