Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Free blocks safe website;exclusion does not work

Declutter
edited January 2022 in Antivirus Free

Web site doeco.nl is apperently being blocked by BitDefender Free (BDF) as it reports ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED on my PC, and not on others. When I disable BDF, the sites loads without problem.

Adding the site URL to the exclusion list did not help.

Update of Jan11 2022 was installed.

It took me several hours of DSNs flushing and searching for solutions until I disabled BDF.

Especially because there is no warning, message or log with BDF that triggers me.

Comments

• Hello @Declutter and welcome to the Community!

Are you using VPN by any chance?

If yes, check the article below:

If the VPN is not the culprit, refer to the following article:

If the error persists, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexander, thanks.I will need to leave it up to Method 2: Submit request for false positive.

I do not use VPN (neither Bitdefender VPN nor any other).

BitDefender does not actually report Threat detected or Bolcked, it simply seems to cause a disconnect from the site (as it works ok when Bitdefender is disabled).

Method 1 cannot be ised as no "take me there" option is provided

Method 2: seems incorrect blocking to me,so I had issued a request.

Method 3: does not work; even when adding it to the exception list, no acces is possible.

• Update:

Same problem (safe web site blocked but without message) occurs with IE and Edge.

After attempting to diagnose by installing CharlesProxy monitor, the site all of a sudden loaded without problem (while Bitdefender was also active). Charlesproxy has a default setting of "windowsproxy" which apperently makes it work. Disabling that option made the problem re-occur. I'm not savy on proxys. Can anybody shed some light? Should Bitdefender work around this, of is there something wrong in my win10 settings regarding proxys?

I have no VPN installed or selected, and no Proxy ****** or server. Automatic proxy detection. HTTP_Proxy windows variable is not set.