Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Icon has disappeared

Options

I used to have the Bitdefender icon appear in the box that pops up from the task bar on Windows 10. It has disappeared and I now have to go to the website to launch a scan. Any ideas on how I can get it back? Thanks.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @JenLWill and welcome to the Community!

By the box that pops up from the task bar you are refering to the "show hidden items" systray?

You can also click Start and type Bitdefender. The icon will appear, if the product is installed on the device.

A method for displaying the hidden icons in the system tray involves accessing the Taskbar settings. To do that, right-click or press-and-hold an unused area of the Taskbar and then click or tap Taskbar settings from its menu:

In the Taskbar section of the Settings app, scroll down the list of settings found on the right side of the window until you find Notification area. Click or tap on the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" link:

Turn on the switch of each icon you want in the Notification area. The icons you choose to show become instantly visible on the taskbar:

Let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem but my ancient laptop is running windows 7, what do I do?

Henning

• I have the same problem here running windows 11.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

I know this may seem like a stretch, or shooting in the dark, but for my system tray icon I ran a BD repair, but also installed the Windows optional preview update, and have been stable so as far the icon not disappearing. So I'm not sure of what actually worked. You could also try disabling the icon in Taskbar settings, restart the PC, re-enable it, and see if it stays. I'm on Windows 11 Pro.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.