Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Imports in Wallet and Password Manager

Options
TerryB
edited March 2022 in Password Manager

Imports in Password Manager or Wallet appear to be broken. Support are giving no meaningful answers. Naturally I dont wish to slavishly write entries into a wallet. So I exported a wallet using bdwtxcon ( Bitdefender Program Files ) and examined the csv format. This I can add credebtials to observing the correct config.

Wallet Import apparently does nothing. Wallet Export also does nothing. ? ( turned off by update ? )

Using the Browser Extension Password Manager I try to Import the csv selecting Bitdefender Wallet. Import process does not accept the Bitdefender Master Password nor the Wallet Password I am trying to import ?? ! The csv of course is in the correct format. What password ???

Any other selection Firefox , Chrome , 1Password etc I would need to know the csv format which is not readily available. Many other Password Managers have a simple csv file option.

Trying to use Wallet or Password Manager in this software seems an absolute waste of time. The ads say simple to import from other Password Managers. This is a poor piece of software. I am regretting spending on it. Needs FIXING to be useable !

Any experts out there got any comment

TerryB

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TerryB and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear you have encountered this inconvenience.

I will do my best to help you out.

The csv export is not encrypted and the master passwor that should be entered there is the one set for the extension:

You can check the following thread that contains articles on how to import into Password Manager:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• TerryB
    Options

I now that csv is not encrypted - Bitdefender is protecting my PC is it not ?????.I want to use this csv file method as described for my own purposes. I know I can backup as a .db but I cannot edit that other than via Bitdefender .... I am ex IT, well versed in databases and data manipulation via Excel and CSV files etc

Password ' The one set for the extension ? ' what does that mean ? The only Passwords I can think of are the Bitdefender Master Password or The open Wallet Password. I do not have a password for the browser. I do not know of an extension password . Too many passwords ?

My case is now being investigated by Support

So far I am not convinced by Bitdefender Wallet or Password Manager see previous notes. I need to thouroughly test the application. So far Wallet entries only fill some fields some of the time. Have not yet got Password Manager to work due to population resistance as described

Thanks for your note - TerryB